New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus GO browser install after update fails

CivicPhoenixCivicPhoenix Posts: 1
NerveGear
I have the newest firmware that was just released and everything is in working order. However, for some reason, it looks like the Oculus Browser has a separate upadate. I can download the update and get to the installing notification. After about a minute, the instal fails and I’m looking back at the available update again.... I’ve tried several troubleshooting options like using a different WiFi networking, making sure storage is available, also soft and hard restarts... and still getting the same outcome. I have looked through the forums and elsewhere and can’t seem to find anyone else with this issue for this update...

Any help/ advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• SpeedsalatSpeedsalat Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have exactly the same problem. The Browser simply fails to update. I even performed a factory reset - however, without success :/
  • nathaniel.foxpappasnathaniel.foxpappas Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I'm having the same issue as well on my end. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Could it be a bug of some kind that would be fixed in a system update in general for the Oculus Go do you think? I literally received it for Christmas and I'm a little frustrated regarding this. 
  • paul.quadepaul.quade Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Yep!  Same here.
  • AnClar52AnClar52 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Add me to the list of Oculus Browser update fails on my new GO
  • daveniezbydaveniezby Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I'm having this issue too. However, it doesn't stop you from enjoying the browser.  Just click the cancel button when it asks you to install the update again. 
  • PlasmaGuyPlasmaGuy Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same Here
  • jimmystewartjimmystewart Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same thing here.  Brand new Christmas Go.
  • TrexmortisTrexmortis Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same here!
  • Canon7Canon7 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Me too.
  • FlashcowboyFlashcowboy Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same here!
  • martin0101martin0101 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    i have the same update problem. but browser still works ok?