cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hdmi not recognized 1050 ti laptop

Meaplord
Sightseer
I bought a rift and during my initial setup the hdmi cable wouldn't show as connected. I am using a laptop that fully meets the recommended vr settings, except that I have a GeForce GTX 1050 ti, which should still meet the minimum requirements. I have tried everything I could find, and oculus hasn't responded to my support ticket. I can provide more information on my laptop if anyone needs it. At this point I'm afraid I just have a bad cord. Please help!
5 REPLIES 5

Meaplord
Sightseer
I should mention that I have run a vive on this before.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
So does your Vive still work fine with this PC?
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Meaplord
Sightseer
I don't own a vive, but I've used one on with my computer before. It worked fine then, so I'm not sure whats up with the rift.

Tadin
Heroic Explorer
If the on board Intel GPU is connected to the HDMI cable then the Rift wont work, I'm not sure if Vives are ok with that though.

Meaplord
Sightseer

Tadin said:

If the on board Intel GPU is connected to the HDMI cable then the Rift wont work, I'm not sure if Vives are ok with that though.

I know, and I'm not sure if my hdmi is connected to the intel gpu, I set all the nvidia preferences to use the geforce one.