Hdmi not recognized 1050 ti laptop — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Hdmi not recognized 1050 ti laptop

MeaplordMeaplord Posts: 5
NerveGear
I bought a rift and during my initial setup the hdmi cable wouldn't show as connected. I am using a laptop that fully meets the recommended vr settings, except that I have a GeForce GTX 1050 ti, which should still meet the minimum requirements. I have tried everything I could find, and oculus hasn't responded to my support ticket. I can provide more information on my laptop if anyone needs it. At this point I'm afraid I just have a bad cord. Please help!

Comments

• MeaplordMeaplord Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I should mention that I have run a vive on this before.
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 897
    3Jane
    So does your Vive still work fine with this PC?
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!
    NerveGear
    I don't own a vive, but I've used one on with my computer before. It worked fine then, so I'm not sure whats up with the rift.
  • TadinTadin Posts: 293
    Nexus 6
    If the on board Intel GPU is connected to the HDMI cable then the Rift wont work, I'm not sure if Vives are ok with that though.
    NerveGear
    Tadin said:
    If the on board Intel GPU is connected to the HDMI cable then the Rift wont work, I'm not sure if Vives are ok with that though.
    I know, and I'm not sure if my hdmi is connected to the intel gpu, I set all the nvidia preferences to use the geforce one.