cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post your Skyrim VR reviews and impressions and discussion here.

LZoltowski
Champion
rmbxnynm6ib6.jpg

Hello all, the big one is launching very soon. Rather than having a billion threads on it, lets all share and discuss in this thread to help others make an informed purchase!

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
1,137 REPLIES 1,137

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Sorry, can't help you! I read through the entire thing to find out everything (hint hint!)

Actually I can't help cos I've got a hospital appointment to go to.... seeya! 😄

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Brixmis said:

Sorry, can't help you! I read through the entire thing to find out everything (hint hint!)

Actually I can't help cos I've got a hospital appointment to go to.... seeya! 😄

Thanks - I'll start reading  o:) 

Good luck with the appointment! wishluck

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star
Here again are some excellent sites + info for modding Skyrim VR. If one of the moderators could, they should make a sticky for new comers of Skyrim VR...as this thread is getting very very long for people like that.

Cheers!!!

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Awesome - thanks! 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star

RuneSR2 said:

I just bought Skyrim VR for something like $23 (€20) - I think it'll be good for my VR education  o:)

Unfortunately this thread is depressingly long - and I know absolutely nothing about modding Skyrim VR. I'd greatly appreciate some help  🙂

Are there any Skyrim VR mods for the Rift that are must-haves? (And where can I find them?) Thanks! 

(BTW, also just got Overload (=Descent4) for $12/€11 - I'd be happy to share links inf needed)

Welcome to Skyrim VR,

I posted some of the links to modding Skyrim VR again (previous comment). Make sure to use MO2 as your mod manager as it is the most streamlined and popular presently. Don't use NMM as it is no longer supported and is very difficult to recover from if something goes wrong. Vortex is another option, but many still have issues with it. Follow any of the guides posted and you will get excellent results. Modding Skyrim VR comes down to personal taste. With your system, you should be able to do quite a lot of modding. Definitely ask questions as they come. I would suggest working initially on visual mods, then continue on with other types as needed. Also, only install mods designed for Skyrim SE, don't install mods from Oldrim (Skyrim original). Use the web site below for searching for top mods.

Don't forget to use LOOT to sort your mods.

Enjoy!!!

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

Jake_Dragon
Adventurer
Then you can find almost everything you need here
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition
Most of the mods I have are from past experience. Texture updates that make the world look better.
Then People they look better now.
You want nice looking armor if you have pretty people so that is included.
Then a few good followers
Read the description as some of them don't play well together.

NorseMonster
Honored Guest
Love Skyrim, one of my all time favorite games, but I cannot play this game more than 15 minutes without feeling extreme nausea.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Yeah, the appointment went okay, thanks! Bloody typical - suffering for weeks and on the day of the appointment, I feel fine. Sod's law.

Anyway, I still thinks it's worth at least browsing through and stop where you see any links. These will be to decent mods (and the poster will normally outline any special tasks required to get them working well) and/or links to useful info elsewhere. Also, this diagram (in case you're a lefty, you need the other one):

5kh30tkgbb0o.png

Jake_Dragon
Adventurer

Love Skyrim, one of my all time favorite games, but I cannot play this game more than 15 minutes without feeling extreme nausea.

Sorry to hear that. I couldn't wait to buy this game. Being in Skyrim was why I purchased my Rift.
That said after moving to my new home I don't have as much room so I play sitting down. 
https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/comments/89qb4a/how_to_play_skyrim_vr_whilst_sitting_down/
After standing for an hour I feel it in my legs and after 2 hours I feel it the next day.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
That's a good point, actually. @NorseMonster - do you play standing or sitting? Could make a difference.

I normally struggle with locomotion in games like this (not sims, though) and I did initially with this game, too. Now I'm fine, though. I play sitting down - don't have a choice - but when I was able to play standing, it was a lot worse.
Against the suggested flow, I use smooth locomotion and smooth turning and have no issues. I did increase the comfort effects for smooth turning, though. I think it's around the 40% mark.

It's worth having a play around with the settings, if you haven't already.