cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus GO browser install after update fails

CivicPhoenix
Honored Guest
I have the newest firmware that was just released and everything is in working order. However, for some reason, it looks like the Oculus Browser has a separate upadate. I can download the update and get to the installing notification. After about a minute, the instal fails and I’m looking back at the available update again.... I’ve tried several troubleshooting options like using a different WiFi networking, making sure storage is available, also soft and hard restarts... and still getting the same outcome. I have looked through the forums and elsewhere and can’t seem to find anyone else with this issue for this update...

Any help/ advice would be greatly appreciated.
11 REPLIES 11

Speedsalat
Honored Guest
I have exactly the same problem. The Browser simply fails to update. I even performed a factory reset - however, without success 😕

nathaniel_foxpa
Honored Guest
I'm having the same issue as well on my end. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Could it be a bug of some kind that would be fixed in a system update in general for the Oculus Go do you think? I literally received it for Christmas and I'm a little frustrated regarding this. 

paul_quade
Explorer
Yep!  Same here.

AnClar52
Honored Guest
Add me to the list of Oculus Browser update fails on my new GO

daveniezby
Explorer
I'm having this issue too. However, it doesn't stop you from enjoying the browser.  Just click the cancel button when it asks you to install the update again. 

PlasmaGuy
Honored Guest
Same Here

jimmystewart
Honored Guest
Same thing here.  Brand new Christmas Go.

Trexmortis
Honored Guest
Same here!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Me too.