cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Medium keeps crashing fatal error

Xvader364
Honored Guest
Ive been trying to get medium to work for two weeks now looking at every fourm post and ive tried all of it. I dont have overclocking software, I deleted the asset file and I tried rerouting it and i have updated drivers for moniter and gpu driver nothing is working. So if anyone can help me thank you it would be appreciated.                   
26 REPLIES 26

jessicazeta
Heroic Explorer
Okay! I have some answers for ya -

@Xvader364 + @malekula999: After looking at your logs I can see you're using a 780Ti, which is lower than Medium and Oculus recommended spec. I'm sorry, but you're unable to use Medium with your current configuration. Medium's recommended spec is i5 CPU, NVIDIA 1060 or AMD for best performance. If you'd like to be rolled back to 1.3.3 to continue using Medium, please email medium@oculus.com.

@dlanham: Your external graphics amplifier may be to blame here. Can you try disabling it? 

@thinkingerror: Possible you can post your logs as well?  You can find it in Users\{username}\AppData\LocalLow\Oculus\Medium\log and attach Oculus_Medium.log 

malekula999
Honored Guest
okey I need to roll back - wrote the letter thx for reply!

alxmars_
Honored Guest
@malekula999

Your log looks very similar to mine, at least the last few lines!  I haven't been able to get Medium to work since I got my Rift recently, unfortunately.

If you haven't already seen these crash posts, check out mine and the one I link to in it.  There are some steps that might be helpful if you haven't tried them already.  There's also a list of supported graphics cards for Oculus Rift here.  Having read a bunch of crash threads, it may be that your fix is really simple and just requires updating/reinstalling some drivers or applications.

If you try those steps out and still can't get it to work, maybe keep an eye on my thread for a potential fix?  I haven't heard back about whether my issue can be resolved or dismissed yet, so new information may materialize there.

Good luck!

alxmars_
Honored Guest
Sorry about the double post.  Looks like it took a few days for the above comment to actually show up, and then double!

For people coming by later, my problem was my card (GTX TITAN) is out of spec for Medium 2.0.  NVIDIA 1060 or higher only for GPU's apparently.  So far it seems that if your logs read as "failure to verify" in the Vulkan source, it must be an out-of-spec graphics card (but don't take my word for it). 

3TrueJems
Honored Guest
My oculus go says com.oculus.os.clearactivity has and won't let me go past it what do I do its brand new

passghost
Honored Guest
GTX 970, it's running perfectly on the GTX 970 to my right, but not to my left. The GPU requirements don't make ANY sense.

jessicazeta
Heroic Explorer
Hey @passghost, it sounds like your 970 probably doesn't have updated graphics drivers. Please read the thread about this specific issue! It would also be helpful for you to collect logs so we may help you more specifically: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/69965/are-you-unable-to-start-medium-are-you-crashing#latest