cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go Suggestions Thread / New UserVoice channel for feedback

fungusman
Protege
Moderator Update from @OculusSupport

Hey everyone - Just wanted to jump in here real quick and make a plug for the Oculus UserVoice channel. We recently added an Oculus Go section to the site to better collect and organize all the great feedback that is coming in. If you have an idea or feature request for Oculus Go, leaving it on our UserVoice page is a great way to make your voice heard. Just be sure to take a quick look to see if the idea has been previously submitted! Duplicate ideas result in split votes and make it harder for us to track what the true most requested features are. Thanks in advance and keep the awesome feedback coming!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some suggestions for the devs if they need ideas for future software features:
-Download manager
I sometimes will have 4-5 things downloading at once but then change my mind after a few minutes and would like to pause the download, see whats been completed, or cancel all at once. Maybe look at STEAM for inspiration on how to do this.

-REMOVE POP UPS
or have a setting to change them. I was mid game of something and I died in game because the popup was covering the targets I was supposed to be hitting. Also I was watching startrek on netflix and a "download complete"  pop up would be stuck on the screen for what seemed like an eternity. Maybe voice to speach "Download Complete" or SOMETHING to remedy this annoying nag screen.

-Dashboard clock
IT would be nice to have a clock somewhere to bring up. If I'm cooking food or something and need to check if ten minutes have gone by or WHATEVER it would be cool to be able to see what time it is. Or to even keep track of the passage of time so I don't spend all fricking night on damn thing lol. BONUS REQUEST: A stop watch or timer. I say this becuase this is a pick up and play device, and if I'm doing laundry or something it would be cool to have something like this. SURE I could use my phone, but if I have my headphones in or something I won't notice, nor do I want to take the headset off to futz around with this.
-Quick Screen Off button
If I'm downloading a ton of stuff, I want to put the headset down. There should be a way to turn the display off but allow background downloading. I'm not sure if it is already doing this, because there is no download manager to keep track of whats going on. A "turn off rift after downloading and installing" mode (like PS3 does) would be cool too.

232 REPLIES 232

tompiem2
Honored Guest
A kiosk mode so when I show people a 360 video or let them try out a simple app they don't have to mess with the controller!

Oregon_Darryl
Honored Guest
A REMOVABLE battery, and a SETTINGS option to turn OFF the face sensor, so we can download without babysitting the headset. Oh, and a folder to put files that are not in the SHARED space....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can we get a single oculus rift controller available for the go? I bought the go expecting games like beat saber and vrchat and didn’t realize the controller wouldn’t work for them, which made them unavailable to download. Can we have an option to buy rift controllers and connect them to the go instead of buying a completely new headset, like the santa cruz project?

Anonymous
Not applicable

NekaFae said:

Can we get a single oculus rift controller available for the go? I bought the go expecting games like beat saber and vrchat and didn’t realize the controller wouldn’t work for them, which made them unavailable to download. Can we have an option to buy rift controllers and connect them to the go instead of buying a completely new headset, like the santa cruz project?

Some people have used the Nolo VR tracking system and controllers. Google 'Oculus Go Nolo'.

LZoltowski
Champion

NekaFae said:

The Rift controllers operate using a combination of bluetooth and the external tracking sensors that require a PC, in it's current form the GO is basically just a screen with a gyroscope in it. There is no way for it to "see" the sensors.

Oculus QUEST which is set to launch this spring will be a Rift/GO hybrid, requiring no external sensors or a PC but will have touch controllers.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

jaydingus
Honored Guest
An additional controller with an analog thumbstick and trigger. Could be an add-on purchase. Using an Xbox controller in combination with the Go controller for games such as Slightly Heroes feels cumbersome when the game only requires the analog stick from the Xbox controller.

TycoTech
Explorer

treyh127 said:

I would love to see the Vudu app brought to Oculus app store. I have had a Vudu account for a long time and as a consequence, I have loads of fun movies on there that I would love to be able to watch on my Oculus Go without having to use the Bigscreen app and my computer.

-------

For those who asked how to use Alexa: I believe you are overthinking it, he isn't using Alexa through his VR headset, rather, he is using it while it is in the same room as him since Alexa is used via voice prompts you can ask Alexa to set a timer while you are using your headset.

To watch your Vudu movies just create an account with moviesanywhere.com and register your Vudu account and Google account. It's super easy and free and then your movies will be available from Vudu in the YouTube vr app. Works with Vudu, iTunes  Amazon prime, Xfinity, etc... Here's a video on it https://youtu.be/Iwk8-G1q1dY ;

nat42
Explorer
Frustrations I've noted in my short use of the Go -

Browser feels lacking - can't seem to copy/paste text from the keyboard, can't seem to hold or trigger a context menu on say a link to ask for it to be openned in a new tab. Video or viewing models in VR using WebGL feels like it chugs the hardware quite a bit.

Have to press on the free/buy/get/download/install button in the store multiple times, with waiting in between, before I can get the app to be in a playable state, if I do something else and forget it might be in my library but not installed, and there's no recently added sorting that might suggest I haven't gotten to it. I'd like an experience I click get or purchase on to at least go to a newly purchased queue or be tagged and brough to the top of my recent list.

Too few tiles in the Go library view, flicking back a couple of pages is a pain especially when the sort seems to change a moment after the page changes so you go to select what you want but it's not there a second later. Also need like a tooltip with details about some of the games because the titles/thumbnails for some of them aren't that memorable or representative of what I recall of playing them.

For the app (and I know others have said this) let me remove uninstalled titles (or hide them), especially free ones I've tried that mightn't have playable. Perhaps remove the check in the refund option that says I can't get a refund of $0 when I clicked "Get" on these.

Let me change/remove my avatar picture somehow!

Some kind of multi-account save system would also be welcomed, many (most?) apps seem to assume there is only one user. It'd be nice to be able to open an app in a guest mode or reboot the Go and say login as a 2nd user, same apps but different progress saved for each game.

Anonymous
Not applicable

A suggestion for the product team: it would be great to add
an option to resize the screen of Oculus TV. Particularly for those watching
live TV or movies in sideloaded apps. Current size is below SVGA.

Nytmaer02
Honored Guest
Does anyone remember Swype?  Why not utilize a similar feature for writing on the keyboard.  

Tactile bumps on the touch pad.

Access to Google Play services :wink:

The ability to use two Oculus Go controllers on a single headset.

Ability to create your home environment.