cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hdmi not connecting

Meaplord
Sightseer
I just bought a rift and for the last few days I can't get the hdmi to connect in the rift app. I've updated and reinstalled my graphics drivers, I've tried a usb-c to hdmi adapter, I've reinstalled oculus, I've checked the cords, I've changed my nvidia settings, I've probably tried a few other things too. I am using an asus laptop with a Geforce GTX 1050 ti. All the other specs exceed the recommended specs. I tried the rift on a friend's pc and it worked fine. I'm fairly certain that my hdmi doesn't connect to my gpu. The only thing that I can think of is taking apart my laptop and hard wiring the gpu to connect to the hdmi, but I would like to avoid that if possible. The only display ports on my computer is the hdmi and usb-c ports. I'm positive my computer can run VR as I have run a vive on it before (I don't own said vive). I don't know whats up with the rift but I'm out of ideas and oculus support hasn't responded yet. Please help and thank you.
4 REPLIES 4

Big_Marsh
Honored Guest
I have the same issue and I just made a post at the same time. I posted my post on Reddit and I got a few helpful solutions. I will not stop looking until this issue is eliminated. 

• make sure the laptop doesn't use the Nvidia Optimus architecture
  • some laptop HDMI ports aren't compatible with VR headsets but running a Thunderbolt 3 to HDMI/DisplayPort adapter if your laptop has a Thunderbolt 3 port would work

ethanashulman
Explorer
I'm on desktop and the headsets HDMI is not being detected.

Richooal
Consultant

Meaplord said:

I'm fairly certain that my hdmi doesn't connect to my gpu.

This means that you can not use a Rift with that laptop. The inbuilt graphics is nowhere near good enough to run VR.
I'd suggest returning the Rift or buying a new "Oculus Ready" laptop.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Big_Marsh
Honored Guest
I understand your frustrations. I am experiencing a similar issue and I just made a post at the same time. I posted my post on Reddit and I got a few helpful solutions. I will not stop looking until this issue is eliminated. 

• make sure the laptop doesn't use the Nvidia Optimus architecture
  • some laptop HDMI ports aren't compatible with VR headsets but running a Thunderbolt 3 to HDMI/DisplayPort adapter if your laptop has a Thunderbolt 3 port would work