New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Why can’t I watch while laying down?

rich81960rich81960 Posts: 1
NerveGear
i would like to watch movies or play games while laying down.  Makes no sense to have to play sitting upright.

Comments

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,244
    Wintermute
    rich81960 said:
    i would like to watch movies or play games while laying down.  Makes no sense to have to play sitting upright.

It makes a lot of sense. Cinemas have seats not beds. :p
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • geebee666geebee666 Posts: 224
    Nexus 6
    Skybox allows using the cinema whilst laying down and anything used with Virtual desktop can be set at any angle including videos.
    Internet browser can also be put at any angle.
  • Colonel_IzziColonel_Izzi Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    Here is a partial list of apps that support reorientation on the vertical axis: 

Oculus Gallery (for flat 2D/3D content) 
    Oculus Video (for flat 2D/3D content) 
    Oculus TV 
    Oculus Browser 
    Samsung VR   
    Samsung Internet  
    Firefox Reality (flat content only) 
    Hulu VR 
    Pigasus VR Media Player 
    Skybox VR Player 
    Plex VR 
    Moon Player 
    Virtual Desktop 
    Netflix 

• danielcrispindanielcrispin Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Ya, that's pretty sad.  The main reason I purchased the Go was to watch Netflix lying on the couch or in bed and that app won't support it.  It works with youtube though,.

• TragicDelightTragicDelight Posts: 61
    Hiro Protagonist
    SLR VR...
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,581 Volunteer Moderator
    Ya, that's pretty sad.  The main reason I purchased the Go was to watch Netflix lying on the couch or in bed and that app won't support it.  It works with youtube though,.

Don't know what you are doing wrong but the Go and Netflix work perfectly well lying down.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,269
    Wintermute
    I watch Netflix in bed using my GO and it works fine?

You just press the button at the top to move the screen.
    UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
  • CalendyrCalendyr Posts: 1
    NerveGear

Maybe they modified the app since I purchased it.  This great news!

• UlfhedenUlfheden Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    As someone wrote in another thread. I think the whole UI, not only movie apps, should be possible to calibrate to a level other than horizontal.

Such feature could be of great value for disabled people not being able to get out of bed.
    (I've been there myself for 6 months while waiting for back surgery....)

• hoppingbunny123hoppingbunny123 Posts: 687
    Trinity
    its probably got something to do with the xyz orientation in the sw.

to support people laying down the menu should allow choosing the xyz order, from xyz to yzx, or zxy, its so simple.
  • SinfreeAleXSinfreeAleX Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited December 6
    Android Central has an article posted about shutting off the head tracking and then being able to center the view with the Oculus button. Then you can use the screen laying down. I haven’t been here long enough to post the link but if you search for it I’m sure it will come right up.