cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Sensor Placement

DerServy
Honored Guest
Hello! I hope you all had a great chirsmas time! 
But now, I wanted to know, if I place the 3 Sensors like they show in their "Roomscale Setup" (2 in front, 1 in the back left/right)
and I place the third sensor behind me on the right side, will my hands be tracked when I turn left? Like that I am facing away from all sensors.
And can I place them like this:
n6todod9ogts.png
Its just about the placement, not the distance of the sensors.
Im just cant understand how the recommended 3 sensor setup would track (one area) behind you. (The opposite side of the rear sensor.)
Thx for ur replies 🙂
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Richooal
Consultant

DerServy said:

Okay, and how far do I need to place the 2 front sensors away from my play area? Because in my room it would be like 20 cm. And what do you mean with 90° to on of the front ones?

Oculus recommend "to put your front two sensors 1-2.7 metres (3-9 feet) in front of where you'll be wearing your headset.

This is what I mean by 90° ...................

juesh726tn55.jpg

I used the Oculus guide here.................

https://support.oculus.com/857827607684748/

P.S. Sensor Bounds is a great (free) app that shows you exactly what each sensor can see.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Richooal
Consultant
Recommendation is always to have the 3rd sensor at 90° to one of the front ones.
Mine is set up as recommended and works fine.

DerServy
Honored Guest
Okay, and how far do I need to place the 2 front sensors away from my play area? Because in my room it would be like 20 cm. And what do you mean with 90° to on of the front ones?

Richooal
Consultant

DerServy said:

Oculus recommend "to put your front two sensors 1-2.7 metres (3-9 feet) in front of where you'll be wearing your headset.

This is what I mean by 90° ...................

juesh726tn55.jpg

I used the Oculus guide here.................

https://support.oculus.com/857827607684748/

P.S. Sensor Bounds is a great (free) app that shows you exactly what each sensor can see.

DerServy
Honored Guest
Well I dont have that space. I cant set them one meter apart from my play area....