cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post your Skyrim VR reviews and impressions and discussion here.

LZoltowski
Champion
rmbxnynm6ib6.jpg

Hello all, the big one is launching very soon. Rather than having a billion threads on it, lets all share and discuss in this thread to help others make an informed purchase!

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
1,137 REPLIES 1,137

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee

System button + Trigger
I tried it, but doesn't seem to work. I probably need to set something in Steam options? I normally use external programs for screenshots and recordings in games, so if this is the Steam screenshot function, I'm guessing it isn't set up correctly.

Just had a look:

gm57cqmaem0d.png

I've no idea what that is in the screenshot key box 😕

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
*seems Steam Overlay needs to be running to take screenshots, otherwise it's a convoluted and not worth it method to get it to work. Think I'll leave it.

Thanks, anyway.

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star
The button combo for screenshots doesn't work for me either. I guess for me it's because I use OpenComposite instead of Steam VR to run Skyrim VR. Huge performance increase for me doing this.

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

RattyUK
Trustee

Brixmis said:

System button + Trigger
I tried it, but doesn't seem to work. I probably need to set something in Steam options? I normally use external programs for screenshots and recordings in games, so if this is the Steam screenshot function, I'm guessing it isn't set up correctly.

Just had a look:

gm57cqmaem0d.png

I've no idea what that is in the screenshot key box 😕

Mine differs...   but does work with hold left 'touch' button then trigger 🙂

rh62kczwtmgj.jpg

Wonder if changing your 0 to a 2 would do it?
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee

The button combo for screenshots doesn't work for me either. I guess for me it's because I use OpenComposite instead of Steam VR to run Skyrim VR. Huge performance increase for me doing this.

That's a good point - so do I - however, Steam still has to be running.

RattyUK said:

Wonder if changing your 0 to a 2 would do it?

I'll give that a try.

**actually, I just noticed that you have Steam Overlay enabled - that's probably why it works for you.

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star

Brixmis said:

That's a good point - so do I - however, Steam still has to be running.

Actually, I accidentally closed Steam before starting Skyrim VR (running with OpenComposite) earlier yesterday and didn't realize it wasn't running till I stopped my Skyrim VR gameplay after a number of hrs. The reason I know this happened is that Steam keeps track of the amount of time you play a game while Steam is open. When I looked at my present hrs accumulated in Skyrim VR, it still said 560 hrs even though I just played about 4+ hrs...(should have shown 564 hrs). At that point Steam wasn't running in the background as in normally would have been. So with OpenComposite running, it looks like Steam doesn't actually need to be running in order to play Skyrim VR. As far as I know I didn't notice any performance improvements without Steam running though.

Oh yes, I forgot to point out that I don't start Skyrim VR from the Steam menu or Steam itself. I start Skyrim VR from a shortcut on my desktop that is registered to MO2. Thus no need to access Steam to run it.

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Me too - I'll give it a go 😉

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Nope - didn't work - got an error message saying I had to start Steam.

Within a minute of starting I got a CTD - and then an error when I tried to restart it. Like last time, starting the default version of SkyrimVR from Steam fixed it (without actually playing at all - just got as far as the load menu, then quit).

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star
Yes, this is correct. For me it must have been a glitch, as I cannot repeat the process again. MO2 tells me Steam needs to run. Very strange that it happened yesterday and didn't record my time in Skyrim VR.

ElusiveMarlin
Rising Star
Somehow I seem to have broken my game save and now cannot complete any mission that has me going to Winterhold!  
I was working my way through the Thieves Guild Missions and just started the "Hard Answers" quest, where I need to "Speak with Enthir in Winterhold"

If I travel there as soon as the view loads I see the town for 5 seconds and then it just CTDs!
This only happens when visiting Winterhold.
I can go anywhere else and it is fine, but Winterhold is a no-no.
(I have been to Winterhold many times previously, without issue.)

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to regain access to Winterhold?
I do have MODs installed, but they are only texture mods.

I have tried a complete reinstall of Skyrim, including an uninstall and removal of old folders, but still it crashed when reloading the save game at this point?
I've tried the above both with and without MODs deployed too, but no difference.
I have rebooted my VR rig, but still it is the same.

I am 200+ hours in, and do not want to have to start all over again, so any help greatly received.

I have the savegame file if it is of any use?

Thanks
RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."