cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel like Oculus is trying to scam people

maikhorma
Explorer
I've tried from my laptop, and phone, and was unable to post to the forum. Generally when prompted with a "sign in" option you get a prompt for your credentials and move on. The only way i got to this point was by going through the oculus software. Any other routes offer a "sign in" button that result in an endless "...". Initially i had a legitmate question about a particular app, but now i'm questioning if this company is legit. I want to believe in this company but their apparent censorship makes it tough.
26 REPLIES 26

Digikid1
Consultant
It’s the crap forum software they use. It’s an ongoing issue that they simply refuse to do anything about. 

maikhorma
Explorer
thanks @Digikid1  definitely helpful... but why would a legit company refuse to do anything about such an issue? (question is directed at the community not anyone in particular)

Anonymous
Not applicable
it's been a bugbear of mine for ages... only solution is to go to the oculus main page and log in there, then navigate to the forums... Grrr

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep the forum software is pretty archaic. 

Digikid1
Consultant

maikhorma said:

thanks @Digikid1  definitely helpful... but why would a legit company refuse to do anything about such an issue? (question is directed at the community not anyone in particular)

Simple.  MONEY.  This is standard forum software that probably cost them absolutely nothing and therefore they don't want to put any cash flow into it.

maikhorma said:

I've tried from my laptop, and phone, and was unable to post to the forum. Generally when prompted with a "sign in" option you get a prompt for your credentials and move on. The only way i got to this point was by going through the oculus software. Any other routes offer a "sign in" button that result in an endless "...". Initially i had a legitmate question about a particular app, but now i'm questioning if this company is legit. I want to believe in this company but their apparent censorship makes it tough.

@maikhorma I raised a case just before Christmas for the same issue.  For 5 years or so i have logged in via the forum.  I can no longer do that.  I didn't bother trying for a month because of that, was going to give up actually but thought no i'll bother my arse.

Go to Oculus.com and log in.  Once logged in go to the bottom of the page and click on Forums (small text).  You should go to the forums logged in.  Once or twice i have had to click on log in in the forums - it has then just logged in.

Edit: just seen that @Rolz has already said the same - thumbs up!
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Yeah, this is a Vanilla Forum which is free:

Would love to see the forum upgraded. Having to log in to Oculus.com first and then navigate here is silly and lacks professionalism.

It seems to depend on the browser, I can’t log in on Safari or Chrome but can on IE, or at least I can now. There was a few days last week I had to go to the main page to log in but it’s ok again now.
But yeah, add my vote for improvements here, it’s not great.

maikhorma
Explorer

Digikid1 said:

Simple.  MONEY.  This is standard forum software that probably cost them absolutely nothing and therefore they don't want to put any cash flow into it.

I get it, but when you're charging people real money for real stuff I feel like they have a responsibility to maintain their credibility...

Thanks to all who have responded and helped out!

FWIW I was able to log into this session on chrome by disabling ad blocker. Maybe that helps but the problem definitely still exists without an ad blocker on my other devices.