cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel like Oculus is trying to scam people

maikhorma
Explorer
I've tried from my laptop, and phone, and was unable to post to the forum. Generally when prompted with a "sign in" option you get a prompt for your credentials and move on. The only way i got to this point was by going through the oculus software. Any other routes offer a "sign in" button that result in an endless "...". Initially i had a legitmate question about a particular app, but now i'm questioning if this company is legit. I want to believe in this company but their apparent censorship makes it tough.
26 REPLIES 26

Digikid1
Consultant

maikhorma said:

it's a well known fact that people who talk like @snowdog  are morons. I'm not even going to address your point, because the way you say it disqualifies you from any real conversation.

None of that talk please. That is just his humor and it is accepted here. No need for name calling please. 

maikhorma
Explorer

Digikid1 said:

None of that talk please. That is just his humor and it is accepted here. No need for name calling please. 

Humor is supposed to be funny right? I didn't call anybody any names, i simply made a statement. I missed the post where you scolded him for calling everyone "crazy crazy fools".

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oculus really needs a basic Old Home Only Runtime for Users to fall back on. Once a bad update fucks up we are still forced to carry on and just wait it out for another Update whilst we tear apart our systems and get totally no answers of help nor confirmation of their being a problem they are fixing.
WE NEED A SIMPLE OLD HOME TO FALL BACK ON! TELL THEM FOLKS PLEASE.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

maikhorma said:

Digikid1 said:

Humor is supposed to be funny right? I didn't call anybody any names, i simply made a statement. I missed the post where you scolded him for calling everyone "crazy crazy fools".

snowdog is mocking everyone who actually does believe Oculus is abandoning PCVR. It was satire, not his own thoughts. snowdog has been around this forum long enough to see all the Oculus and VR doomsday prophets and naysayers. Sometimes it's fun to borrow their rhetoric to make fun of the fact that they were wrong. People were claiming that Oculus consumers were "fools" and the Rift is dead/dying since 2016.

People like snowdog and myself tend to make fun of all this moreso going in to 2019 because so far Oculus has released GO and Quest before announcing the Rift CV2; which has increased the amount of claims that Oculus is abandoning the Rift and CV2. The truth is that we're all looking forward to the next version of the Rift; but making a joke of the doomsday prophets and naysayers helps lighten the mood while we wait!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well to be fair to @maikhorma I did forget to post these 😄 😄 😄  after making that statement so he can be forgiven for getting the wrong end of the stick. 😛 B) 😄

And it isn't name calling, cos I really am a moron in actual fact. B)

snowdog said:

Well to be fair to @maikhorma I did forget to post these 😄 😄 😄  after making that statement so he can be forgiven for getting the wrong end of the stick. 😛 B) 😄

And it isn't name calling, cos I really am a moron in actual fact. B)

Too late.  I'M JOINING THE PRIMARX FORUMS!!!
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Nekto2
Superstar
No one mentions any VR web browser 😞  VR is dead! :lol:

Will you test login in Oculus Go browser? 🙂