cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift Sells Out At Amazon

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
This is great news for VR Consumers! Albeit, not-so-great news for the crowds who still think VR is dead/dying or that the Oculus Rift is being set aside by Facebook-Oculus. Nonetheless, the demand of Rift and PCVR continues to grow!

Amazon in the United States doesn’t look like it’ll have Oculus Rift in stock for a couple weeks, the website states, with a representative of Facebook’s Oculus telling us they are working now on “replenishing inventory across channels.”

Facebook’s Oculus Rift “saw strong demand over the holidays,” according to the company, though the headset is still currently “in stock on Oculus.com and Best Buy, among other retailers.” We’ve seen empty shelves too at Best Buy and slow shipping reported at other stores. We note also the gap in usage on Steam between Rift and Vive grew in December, with more people using Rift for Steam content than Vive and Vive Pro combined.

https://uploadvr.com/oculus-rift-strong-demand-holidays/

To me, the greatest thing about this situation is that Amazon is not the primary storefront for the Rift. The Rift sales between Amazon, Oculus.com, and BestBuy are turning some great numbers. I can already see the difference in multiplayer games like Creed Boxing.

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sadly, we simply can't say if it ran out because it sold well or because the stocks were low. If they had 500,000 units and that sold out, that's awesome, but if they only had 10,000, it's obviously less impressive...
That said, it's still good to hear!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Sadly, we simply can't say if it ran out because it sold well or because the stocks were low. If they had 500,000 units and that sold out, that's awesome, but if they only had 10,000, it's obviously less impressive...
That said, it's still good to hear!

Yeah I can imagine that argument being made by those who really don't like the idea of the Rift selling so way (not directed at you). However, the large influx of new Users on this forum, reddit, and Facebook is hard to ignore.
🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's because they're not making them any more. Oculus are abandoning PCVR, you crazy fools.

Dear Oculus, you're abandoning PC VR. Fuck you, I'm buying a Vive. 😄 😄 😄

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Winner!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Snowdog is right! Everybody go buy a Vive, I heard business goes well for HTC!

GeekyGami
Adventurer
Bloody sellouts, smh

Tadin
Heroic Explorer
Anyone else miss the old days when this thread would have been at 16 pages by now :wink:

Thmoas
Rising Star
Well, I'm not anti VR nor anti Rift however the first thing that crosses my mind is also: maybe they just didn't have a lot of stock.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Kewl. How much were these going for? A shame they are not sub $300 now, surely that would shift many more overall. Anyhow, counting down (like many others no doubt) for OcQuest.  ❤️

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.