cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headset not connecting to HDMI

DarkShaman
Honored Guest
I have gone thru the complete setup and all the USB sensors are connected, but the headset will not recognize the HDMI connection (the USB connection for the headset registers).  The connection on the headset is firmly plugged in.  Using the Oculus site, I have confirmed my graphics card meets requirements?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7

ethanashulman
Explorer
Same problem here.

Richooal
Consultant

Using the Oculus site, I have confirmed my graphics card meets requirements?

This isn't the only requirement though. What are your specs please, and is it a laptop or desktop?
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Casey1287
Honored Guest
I am having this same issue. All of my system specs meat the requirement.  I am running an MSI GE62 2QF Apache Pro

michael_vankirk
Honored Guest
I am having the same problem. was working before. now I get no hdmi connection. running a cyberpower desktop for vr. ryzen 5 processors and amd 4 gig graphics card with 16 gb of ram. and no real tech support from the company

TimG1971
Honored Guest
same here, worked just fine yesterday, now the headset and the touch controllers are not being recognised / not connecting.

TimG1971
Honored Guest
I figured it out. Where the cord goes in to the headset, there must be a plug in connector inside. I just pushed in on the cord, it clicked and then it connected. Sounds like a crappy design to me.

Richooal
Consultant

TimG1971 said:

Sounds like a crappy design to me.

That "crappy design" allows the cable to come loose instead of breaking when you trip on the cable or pull on it too hard. It also allows the cable to be replaced if necessary.
As always it's the users responsibility to check connections first, before looking to other faults.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.