cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post your Skyrim VR reviews and impressions and discussion here.

LZoltowski
Champion
rmbxnynm6ib6.jpg

Hello all, the big one is launching very soon. Rather than having a billion threads on it, lets all share and discuss in this thread to help others make an informed purchase!

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
1,137 REPLIES 1,137

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
When you did your complete reinstall, did you find all the related files and delete them after it had uninstalled?

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Jake_Dragon
Adventurer

Somehow I seem to have broken my game save and now cannot complete any mission that has me going to Winterhold!  
I was working my way through the Thieves Guild Missions and just started the "Hard Answers" quest, where I need to "Speak with Enthir in Winterhold"

If I travel there as soon as the view loads I see the town for 5 seconds and then it just CTDs!
This only happens when visiting Winterhold.
I can go anywhere else and it is fine, but Winterhold is a no-no.
(I have been to Winterhold many times previously, without issue.)

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to regain access to Winterhold?
I do have MODs installed, but they are only texture mods.

I have tried a complete reinstall of Skyrim, including an uninstall and removal of old folders, but still it crashed when reloading the save game at this point?
I've tried the above both with and without MODs deployed too, but no difference.
I have rebooted my VR rig, but still it is the same.

I am 200+ hours in, and do not want to have to start all over again, so any help greatly received.

I have the savegame file if it is of any use?

Thanks

If you have done all of that. Create a new game and see if it does the same thing. If it does then its a mod. But if it works fine then your save is corrupt. 

ElusiveMarlin
Rising Star
Thanks for the tips. I'll give them a try when I'm back home this weekend. 

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers
RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."

Jake_Dragon
Adventurer

Thanks for the tips. I'll give them a try when I'm back home this weekend. 

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers

Don't feel bad, my game is messed up. It wont start the next dragon born quest so I am doing other things instead.

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star

Somehow I seem to have broken my game save and now cannot complete any mission that has me going to Winterhold!  
I was working my way through the Thieves Guild Missions and just started the "Hard Answers" quest, where I need to "Speak with Enthir in Winterhold"

If I travel there as soon as the view loads I see the town for 5 seconds and then it just CTDs!
This only happens when visiting Winterhold.
I can go anywhere else and it is fine, but Winterhold is a no-no.
(I have been to Winterhold many times previously, without issue.)

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to regain access to Winterhold?
I do have MODs installed, but they are only texture mods.

I have tried a complete reinstall of Skyrim, including an uninstall and removal of old folders, but still it crashed when reloading the save game at this point?
I've tried the above both with and without MODs deployed too, but no difference.
I have rebooted my VR rig, but still it is the same.

I am 200+ hours in, and do not want to have to start all over again, so any help greatly received.

I have the savegame file if it is of any use?

Thanks

Sounds like you need to clean your save game scripts. If you remove mods from your game they leave scripts attached to your saves which will cause lots of issues with your game including CTD's, pausing, hanging, etc... Use the tool below to fix your save game.

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Ugh - last night, after what had been a couple of night's really good Skyrim seshes, I started feeling a bit off during the trek to the Eldergleam Tree. I had passed Ivarstead and was in those sub-water dungeon/caves (whatever they are called) with all the mage type weirdo mutant things and the lizard guy who needs rescuing (Darkwater Pass?).

I fought back the feeling and carried on, fighting through Fort Amol and its dungeons - and I think that was the final straw. Suddenly felt extremely sick and had to rip off the headset to avoid puking in it.

The good news is that I recovered really quickly - so no harm done as far as jumping back in later, but it looks like the nausea may be set off in dungeons and caves or generally darker scenes. It's only in this game that that applies, though - otherwise I'd be in trouble in Elite as well (although come to think of it, I get pukey in that on the dark side of planets).

That could be a problem, as there are so many quest-related dungeons and caves in this game. Oh well - straighten shoulders, head up and onwards!

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
I lost all my mods when my HDD went awry. Now that NMM has changed to Vortex does anyone have an updated guide on installing mods please?

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

FastForward352
Heroic Explorer
Deleted : old draft from 2 weeks ago just published (???), problem solved
Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

FastForward352
Heroic Explorer
deleted : old comment, problem solved
Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
I tried Vortex, but found it problematic. I reluctantly tried MO2 and have found it pretty much perfect - both for installing mods and for sorting out problems without too much hassle.

Does anyone know if the default keyboard commands are still valid for the VR version? I'm thinking about making a voice command profile of my own.