cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum support?

tbkuno
Explorer
I don't know where else to put this.

I recently made a thread about some banding issues in the Unity Subforum, somebody replied, I would like to quote his reply and have a follow up question, but it's saying my comment is awaiting for moderation I think for a day already.

Why is this happening?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kojack
MVP
MVP
It may have been caught by the spam filter for containing a url or some keyword it didn't like.
Members start off as unverified. In this state they can post fine, but the spam filter keeps an eye on them, until they pass some conditions.
I've verified your account now, so that shouldn't happen again.

Unfortunately the two most active oculus admin staff quit (community forum's cybereality and developer forum's imperativity), leaving 3 unpaid community volunteers to handle all this. The spam queue is a little back logged at the moment. (There are replacement staff, but they've been away for christmas or something)
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Digikid1
Consultant
Because this forum IS NOT OFFICIAL SUPPORT. For that you will have to contact Oculus DIRECTLY. Email them or follow the support option on your Oculus program. 

tbkuno
Explorer
I've asked questions in the past and I've been able to seemlessly continue the conversation in those threads. Why am I awating approval for my comments now, it the question.

edit: Apparently, in this thread there's no issue.

kojack
MVP
MVP
It may have been caught by the spam filter for containing a url or some keyword it didn't like.
Members start off as unverified. In this state they can post fine, but the spam filter keeps an eye on them, until they pass some conditions.
I've verified your account now, so that shouldn't happen again.

Unfortunately the two most active oculus admin staff quit (community forum's cybereality and developer forum's imperativity), leaving 3 unpaid community volunteers to handle all this. The spam queue is a little back logged at the moment. (There are replacement staff, but they've been away for christmas or something)
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

LZoltowski
Champion
Yes sorry I have been away, had to clear 15 pages of spam! ... as @kojack mentioned, you should be free to post now without issues.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

tbkuno
Explorer
Thanks for the information!

stanimir_dimitr
Protege
Hello , wish you all Happy New Year!
As i saw here some moderators showing up,so may i ask my(and i'm sure other too) question here as well, so maybe will be easier to get in touch with support. 

Did they Block non-SSE4.2 CPUs, previously worked just fine with Rift? It is a simple question that can be answered. And if so, what we are suppose to do with our devices now? Excuse me , if this question was asked before, but still no clear answer was given. 

Force buying a new hardware is not a solution, and there is nothing "Social" about that. Personally i do 3d content on daily basis , rendering stuff and such for a living and i'm perfectly fine with my Dual Xeon 5460,  can't see any reason to send them to trash yet. 
And again, if there are more people affected by this measure, and they can read this, please drop a line below , just to make them notice and give a clear answer at least. 
Thank you , 
Regards

LZoltowski
Champion

Hello , wish you all Happy New Year!
As i saw here some moderators showing up,so may i ask my(and i'm sure other too) question here as well, so maybe will be easier to get in touch with support. 

Did they Block non-SSE4.2 CPUs, previously worked just fine with Rift? It is a simple question that can be answered. And if so, what we are suppose to do with our devices now? Excuse me , if this question was asked before, but still no clear answer was given. 

Force buying a new hardware is not a solution, and there is nothing "Social" about that. Personally i do 3d content on daily basis , rendering stuff and such for a living and i'm perfectly fine with my Dual Xeon 5460,  can't see any reason to send them to trash yet. 
And again, if there are more people affected by this measure, and they can read this, please drop a line below , just to make them notice and give a clear answer at least. 
Thank you , 
Regards

Are you @MAC_MAN86? Your language and writing style is identical. Multiple accounts are against the forum rules and may result in a ban if it turns out you are the same person. I will get Oculus to investigate.

Volunteer Mods do not have access to the Oculus Dev team and therefore any questions should be directed to Oculus support via a ticket. 

Thank you.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

stanimir_dimitr
Protege
No, i'm different user, i've used some of his questions with copy\paste as i liked how he sets the questions( English is not my native). Excuse me , if i sounded offensive , didn't mean it, sorry. Just wanted some answer, as i bought Rift recently, and cant use it , not even try it.
Also @MAC_MAN86 i have to give you my apologies, didn't meant to put you in trouble.
Obviously if some question is asked  few times, they assume its the same User....but masked?!

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Mods, no this is actually a different User not myself but he has used the exact same line I have used here and in a Support Ticket but never got a straight answer to if it was in fact blocked. I think you should investigate for sure and if I am being set up myself for any ban. Thank you.