cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] Rift wont connect hdmi or usb3

Harthus
Explorer
so heres the issue. ive had a oculus rift for 11 days and suddenly today i restarted my computer and the headset wont connect anymore. 
To clarify before today my headset would connect to the usb3 and hdmi without any problems and ran smooth. 
Now after a computer restart it wont show up as connected either in the full oculus setup or in the devices tab. 
Ive gone through one of the many usb troubleshooting guides on the net changing powersaving modes, updating drivers, uninstalling/reinstalling drivers with 0 luck. My sensors are detected just fine with the exact same ports ive tried the rift usb3s in. also the hdmi port on my video card works fine with my second monitor.

This all pointed to the cord for the rift being my issue so i took it back to the retailer and got a brand new device with fingers crossed. exact same issue. I can also point out that the little light inside the rift headset lights up so it seems to be getting some power at least. 

Heeeellllppp meeeeeee
36 REPLIES 36

mwob21
Honored Guest
SerErris, you're a genius!   That worked for me.  The headset cable was loose.  I had no idea.

AnGuuhPlay
Honored Guest
estou com mesmo problema e nao consigo resolver

Tri-City_Riddle
Honored Guest
SerErris thank you that was exactly my problem. Pushed on the connector and light instantly came on. Back to VRing!

Messos
Honored Guest
If you are using Rift and not Rift S, then my problem was that the connector on the headset side was slightly off. Pusshed it in harder, and now everything works fine!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had a rift for quite a while and have been having this issue since upgrading my PC in August last year, I thought it may have been due to my graphics card being below spec but I've now bought a new GPU but have the same issue.
I have tried everything suggested in the chat so far and no luck. Please help!!!

Interestingly I've had the exact same issue when trying to connect to both mine and my fiances VR ready Laptops.

I've attached the logs

BiovizierMantri
Explorer

Simply put, the Rift is a piece of shit.
You best bet is to throw the crap away and get something better.

Thanks very much, for your help

zybean
Honored Guest

Hi Internet - I know this is an old thread, but posting here in case it helps someone.

My Solution: I used a quality/hi-speed adapter for HDMI->Display Port (Insignia brand in my case). The adapter allowed the Occulus SW to see the connection (and keep it. I tried with an older generic brand adapter and the connection was unstable.)

It was a rainy day in April 2021 😛 - and having the infuriating "no HDMI connection detected". After it had been working for weeks. Then it randomly started dropping the connecting despite me not touching the cables. Then it stopped altogether. I updated all drivers (GPU, USB, Windows). Even uninstalled and reinstalled the Occulus drivers, then the whole application. No joy. Since I knew the ports were functional (I normally have a cintique draw tablet plugged in to the HDMI when not on VR) I was fairly certain it was some glitch in the SW. The adapter came through.