cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post your Skyrim VR reviews and impressions and discussion here.

LZoltowski
Champion
rmbxnynm6ib6.jpg

Hello all, the big one is launching very soon. Rather than having a billion threads on it, lets all share and discuss in this thread to help others make an informed purchase!

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
1,137 REPLIES 1,137

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star

Brixmis said:

I tried Vortex, but found it problematic. I reluctantly tried MO2 and have found it pretty much perfect - both for installing mods and for sorting out problems without too much hassle.

Does anyone know if the default keyboard commands are still valid for the VR version? I'm thinking about making a voice command profile of my own.

Yes, MO2 is far better.

The keyboard bindings should still mostly work the same as the non-VR version. You should try them out as you need, to confirm.

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Yeah, I'll do that - I'll post one way or the other.

I do have a further question, though - is this the case with the PC/VR version as well?:

you can have multiple profiles on the one system. As Ben has stated, simply select new game from the main menu, create your new character and once you have finished save the game. When you wish to save be sure to select new save
because if you just select another save that is already present, it
will overwrite your previous characters save game. Also try not to have
too many save files for each character as it can get confusing trying to
find a file if you have multiple characters on the go!

If so, I'll start a fresh profile for testing the keys and the voice commands with.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

ElusiveMarlin
Rising Star
After some testing over the weekend, I have got myself back into Winterhold!

I had to roll back 20 game saves to a point where I could enter without CTD.
I still have all the same MODs enabled, so must have been corruption in the save file that carried over with every subsequent save.

I've since played for a further 20+ hours, and saved games without any issue entering Winterhold, though I am going down a separate quest line from the original "Thieves Guild" quest. 

I will attempt that quest line again at some point in the future.

Thanks all for help and suggestions.

Also, thanks @PhoenixSpyder, for the save cleanup tool link.
I saw this post after I restored playability, but will keep this on standby, just in case! 🙂
RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Does anyone else have problems using the thumbstick to crouch?

I had it working when I did the intro bit (until getting outside Helgen) but it hasn't worked since. I seem to be roughly the right height in-game (i.e. standing, though I'm actually sitting) but it never works, and I obviously can't physically crouch while in my chair. I've been completely unable to sneak or use crouching for getting cover behind rocks since I first had control over my game direction.

PS - it is, of course, selected in the options to use the stick to crouch

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star

Brixmis said:

Does anyone else have problems using the thumbstick to crouch?

I had it working when I did the intro bit (until getting outside Helgen) but it hasn't worked since. I seem to be roughly the right height in-game (i.e. standing, though I'm actually sitting) but it never works, and I obviously can't physically crouch while in my chair. I've been completely unable to sneak or use crouching for getting cover behind rocks since I first had control over my game direction.

PS - it is, of course, selected in the options to use the stick to crouch

Do you have realistic sneak enabled? If so, try disabling it.

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Thanks - I'll give it a try 🙂

Jake_Dragon
Adventurer
I will say that the controls for Skyrim are pretty well done. I was in the game and running around pretty quick.
My only thing with the game is how the hand held weapons work. Now that I am up close and personal its too flail until the object is dead. Sure you can move but I have had very little luck blocking. 
That is why I play a mage or archer. I have high hopes that there will be a Skyrim quality game that actually has good combat in it. 

Blade & Sorcery 
This sandbox has the best combat I have ever had in a game, Sweep the leg, hook the shield and stab them in the face. I hope that it is developed into a RPG world but then I will probably never see you guys again. Best combat experience I have had in a video game to date.

Shadow Legend VR
This looks promising and is on my wanted list I don't expect the combat to be up to what Blade & Sorcery is but perhaps it will have some form of combat that isn't just flail around and hope. If the AI is well done and not just swarm. 

But life is calling and I hope to be back to work soon, as much fun as it is playing around I miss working and feel rusty. Time to shake the dust off this system admin and go back to work.
Have fun guys and I will still be around. If you run into that must have VR mod post away and I will check it out.

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star
I posted this one before but things get lost in long threads like this one.

I "HIGHLY" recommend 'Legacy of the Dragonborn' mod. I consider it a must for anyone playing Skyrim. It is like having a new version of Skyrim along side the default Skyrim and works within the Lore of Skyrim. Works perfect in VR. It's also as large or larger than the DLC's available for Skyrim content wise. Definitely check it out and install. You won't be disappointed.

ohgrant
Superstar
 I originally got this game in Feb 2004 and only have 11 hours in. For some reason, I only remembered the intro. I have 9 hours in the VR version. I'm enjoying it much more. I'm going to wait to try any mods when I get everything up and running on my new PC. So far it rivals Doom 3 for best port in my book.  
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
The difference, of course, being that this is a commercial release, at a relatively high price, and Doom3 BFG VR was done by a few hobbyists for nothing other than their satisfaction and wanting to do something for the community.