cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Death " The Afterlife " Update 1.0

Digikid1
Consultant
New update to In Death.  It is now out of early access.  Has a few bugs ( I got killed but my arrow killed someone *after* my death so I got a black screen and had to force quit ) but even with a 1070 the graphics look so much better and "darker and gloomier" in the hallways.  Looks awesome.

You also get a Crossbow.  When you spawn in look to your left and there is a casket.  You can only have one at a time.  However with the crossbow I cannot figure out how to move.....

Ah well....give it a try guys.
128 REPLIES 128

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
This game is just fantastic. Had another random go just now. Was looking through my library, even though Elite was calling to me, when I spotted this again, I couldn't resist. It makes me laugh and want to cry - all at the same time! 🙂

Got further than ever before. What makes me laugh, is that I aim at the same place, but first my arrow will go just to the left of his head, the next one goes just to the right - so, yeah, I think the next one will go right between his mince pies - but no, it flies over his bonce! 😄 

Today, I finally realised how to add the extra arrows to my "quiver". I learned the immense joy of explosive arrowheads. I actually got into a bell tower and upgraded (double arrows of one type) and gained extra health bonuses. I was so close to the end..... but I missed the barsteward who was only about 2 feet away and his axe ended my round. I'd be pissed off, but it's just so much fun!

oh - it also has the dubious accolade of "game that makes me punch solid things the most"

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Digikid1
Consultant
My trick is this. When aiming look PAST the arrow and at the enemy. Your vision will change so that you are seeing two arrows. Put your target between them. Works every time for me. 

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Right - I'll give that a go. I do look at the target, anyway, but I'll make an effort to get the arrows aligned. I was thinking they put in a bit of aerodynamics and thus no two arrows ever hit the same spot - but I'll be fuffed to chuck if that's not the case.

Another thing I got today - but no idea how - was the slow motion thing. That was just awesome, combined with the exploding arrowheads (and I had the frozen ones, too). Jumped on the top of the roofs and took out loadsa baddies 🙂

PS - also met those annoying floating skeleton things. Ugh - gave me the willies!

Digikid1
Consultant
Yeah the flying skeletons are creepy as heck. Go for the heart area for them. 

JonJonXD
Expert Protege
I need to check this out. I haven't played In Death since April.
PC Specs

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

Power Color Red Dragon RX 580 8GB

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

LG 29UM60-P Ultra Wide 2560x1080 Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Been playing this a lot lately, and happy to see my placing dropping by a few thousand - now about 2,800 ish.

I seem to have unlocked something that means I now have harder enemies right from the off - and many more of them. Don't know how I managed that - I did get 3 unlocks since yesterday, but on my wall, there are 3 remaining to be unlocked - just as before. So don't know what those unlocks were, as all the waffle on the notice is too much to remember.

Finally, finally got to the big Boss at the end of the level - twice now, but how the hell do I kill that and all the other nasties that show up? I'd need a large supply of the most potent arrow types!

Anyway, improving my tactics all the time, so getting better scores. Not reached 50,000 points in a round, yet, but am very close. That's my next target. I also found that hidden levels can be reached by shooting a teleport arrow (something I regularly forget about when traversing the level) at a murial on the wall. That's chock-full of nasties, too!

Getting really addicted to this game - even getting better with the crazy crossbow, though it's not my weapon of choice.

Wildt
Consultant
@Brixmis

Either try to kill him off real quick (with headshots and/or special arrows like I did in the video posted in this thread), or go for the slow burn method.
The monks who spawn in the walls, do so for each 20% or so damage you inflict on Anakim, so you can take them out slowly one wave at a time. 
What you DON'T wanna do is quickly bring him down to e.g. 15% health and then attempt to fight the combined 5 waves of monks.

Every monk and zombie dies when Anakim does.

Here is a comprehensive guide.
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

Digikid1
Consultant
The best and easiest way to kill Anakim is to spam him with explosives.  After you teleport down place those mine arrows quickly on the stairs them start spamming him with catalyst arrows like crazy. 

I’ve done this many times now.....without getting shot ONCE by his white robed minions. 

Works EVERY time. Just be sure to get and save your catalyst and mine arrows for him. 

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Sounds like great advice - I'll see what I can do... 😐

Wildt
Consultant

Digikid1 said:

Works EVERY time. Just be sure to get and save your catalyst and mine arrows for him. 

After purg 12 not even a full quiver of cat V will take him down.
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb