cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dirt Rally installs ok and although seen through Rift headset, touch controllers dont work?

wellsz1
Honored Guest
It goes through the loading screen and when it gets to the point where you would click on start game, you can only do this via the keyboard as you can't see your hands/controllers as with all other VR games and therefore have no control when the game starts.  I've tried reinstalling a couple of times and re-calibrating controllers but same issue exists. Anyone offer any advice please? (I'm using a top spec Alienware PC which seems to handle bigger games that require more processing speed, etc. so I don't think it's down to the hardware...?) Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Dirt requires a gamepad - the game doesn't support Touch. As clearly stated here:

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/992124094188963/

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Dirt requires a gamepad - the game doesn't support Touch. As clearly stated here:

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/992124094188963/

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

wellsz1
Honored Guest
Thanks RuneSR2, consider me sitting here feeling rather foolish;) In my haste to get a game that my son would enjoy, I did the typical Dad thing of not reading the small print... doh!  Still, at least I know the game is ok and hopefully he will still enjoy it, using a controller.  Thanks for your speedy response - much appreciated.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
You're welcome. Personally I avoided the game for a long time due to lack of Touch support. But a few weeks ago I bought it, and it's really great - maybe it's even better using a gamepad that Touch. Note that Dirt VR is a somewhat old game, you may be able to use high or even ultra settings for the graphics and still get great performance.

kojack
MVP
MVP
Dirt Rally came out 6 months before Touch was available.
The last update to it was 2 months before Touch.

It's pretty fun on a G27 wheel.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

osoyoosking
Honored Guest
would this make the game no load then if i dont have a controller set up ? i cant get the game to even load 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

would this make the game no load then if i dont have a controller set up ? i cant get the game to even load 

I doubt that - but who dares might win - you can always try to turn on your xbox controller before loading the game. I'm pretty sure the game should work also using keyboard and mouse though.