cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird issue with VR and hosting a server in Assetto Corsa

Mr_Fulgore
Honored Guest
Hi all,

Got my Rift now about 6 weeks, daily racing offline in practise and some quick races and using Content Manager and good and bad weather mod

No issues at all but Tuesday I wanted to host a Assetto Corsa server on my own pc to have some fun with friend, started on Spa, few round and cars, all good, than suddenly next track I can drive, but wanted another car and than it started over and over.... I load the track, I see my car on the monitor ,put the headset on, nothing ,only sound from the car and game but the headset was still in the "home" environment with the fireplace, I tried directly offline practise,all fine, go back online to my own server,again only sound, online racing on other people have no issues,

Tried many things ,reinstalling drivers, resetting hdmi and usb cables, have a triple monitor setup, disconnected two monitors

Repair Oculus, uninstall Oculus, nothing that helped me out this weird issue,

Windows 10 1809 installation is about 2 weeks old..

On the internet read simular issues but mostly on windows 7 machines,and all the things above fixed it for those people..

So in short, only happens while I host a server and use VR = no game on headset,only sound and see the game on the monitor.

Regards Fulgore
8 REPLIES 8

aggregatefever
Honored Guest
I have the same issue, haven't found a fix unfortunately 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

I have exactly the same issue. If I start my server and directly join it, all work fine, but if I quit the server and join it again, I still on the "HOME" place and Assetto Corsa VR work only with the monitor.

The only way to bring back images to the headseat is to kill Assetto Corsa Server Manager and acServer.exe process.

I think the Rift confuses Assetto Corsa servers tools and Assetto Corsa game so It can't make a choice between them.
You got me ?

Please make an update because I have to kill my server and kick everybody on 
to play my turn...

Thanks.

federicogianfre
Honored Guest
Hi guys,
i've exactly the same issue....

Elkyrox
Honored Guest
Hi, guys. I'm in the same situation as you are... 
Thanks to anthony061 for this temporary solution.

adriel999
Honored Guest
Same here... Now I have to enter on a track in single player, open my server, close the server.exe (dont close the cmd) and return to the game to join the server... lol

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have another temporary solution : use Content Manager Launcher.

AussieStig
Expert Protege
Have the same issue, did anyone here find a permanent solution for this? If so, please let us know so it can help people that come after us or find this thread. Cheers, AussieStig

WildPist
Honored Guest

Salut ! I found a solution working for me.. use open content menager go in video option .. use your screen preset option. Lunch the server.. go back in option video and use your vr preset back .. now i can leave and joint my server no problem