cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye bye oculus

Karmagedon
Explorer
That'S it.I'm done with my oculus .Sold it..I can't stand the software update anymore and the regression they cause. That home things scrapped my experience with their  ecosystem for the last time. It't invasive full of bug(hire decent QA plzz) I hope there next version of hardware and software in a year will bring me back i had good time but lack of good customer support, consistently having regression in perf each and every update bring and there overall poor software design go a toll of me.Sad i was here since dk2 but thing are not improving. I bought a samsung odyssey plus..and i'm in heaven...see ya guys!
26 REPLIES 26

Karmagedon
Explorer
Oh yoiu'll see me post again for my friends oculus who are not teksavvy and can't use forums or at least find them complicated. Another thing i wish they would care more and new feature guide. how to etc...and yup i installed there rift and oh boy software pain again.. I've also read a lot of your comment and the point was i could not stand the mutlittude of problem from rift.. It is supposed tobe oriented towards casual people and so far.. none of the casual user i've dealt with can setup and or maintain the numerous update and regression and installation. It's sad.. and oh the platefor for windows mr sucks even more in my opinion but the odyessey plus headset..wow

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Oh yoiu'll see me post again for my friends oculus who are not teksavvy and can't use forums or at least find them complicated.
lol -  yeah right. You just pulled the, "I'm asking for a friend," card and trust me... aint no one buying it. You aren't asking for a friend, you are asking for yourself. But now you feel compelled to lie about it because you already acted like you were leaving when the truth is you are staying.

It is supposed tobe oriented towards casual people
The Rift is not for casual people. It's for the PC Master Race

Zenbane said:

Oh yoiu'll see me post again for my friends oculus who are not teksavvy and can't use forums or at least find them complicated.
lol -  yeah right. You just pulled the, "I'm asking for a friend," card and trust me... aint no one buying it. You aren't asking for a friend, you are asking for yourself. But now you feel compelled to lie about it because you already acted like you were leaving when the truth is you are staying.

I may visit the occasional adult website for my friend who finds it too complicated.

falken76
Expert Consultant

vavoum said:

Oh yoiu'll see me post again for my friends oculus who are not teksavvy and can't use forums or at least find them complicated. Another thing i wish they would care more and new feature guide. how to etc...and yup i installed there rift and oh boy software pain again.. I've also read a lot of your comment and the point was i could not stand the mutlittude of problem from rift.. It is supposed tobe oriented towards casual people and so far.. none of the casual user i've dealt with can setup and or maintain the numerous update and regression and installation. It's sad.. and oh the platefor for windows mr sucks even more in my opinion but the odyessey plus headset..wow

Really?  Rift was all plug and play for me.  I plugged everything in and it worked.  I've had two systems now, no problems on either.  I have had issues with conflicts, but that comes with the territory on PC gaming and has been a part of it since it's inception because a PC Compatible (What we still use today) can have a million and one different configurations be it hardware or software and chances are good there will be conflicts.  Considering that is the very nature of PC gaming and has been forever, if you can't deal with that reality, perhaps consoles is where you would be better suited for your entertainment needs.

w_benjamin
Adventurer
I have two systems as well, and no problems here either. Installed the software, plugged everything in, and it just worked.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah never really had a problem here either - on my previous rig I ran it for right at 2 years, just did a new build last week and it was set up and working fine fairly quickly.

JonJonXD
Expert Protege

As an owner of both Rift and O+, I still prefer my Rift...but only due to the huge performance headroom available when running many games that I can push to the max visually with SS. I can't do the same on the O+ for the most part due to Steam VR being so poorly optimized (for the games I play). Yes, the O+ has a great screen, no SDE and larger FOV . I mostly use the Rift because Steam games can run without Steam VR now, with loads more fps than before, due to OpenOVR. In the end, for me, fps and smooth gameplay counts more than a perfectly clear screen that may or may not run as smooth. Yes, I still use the O+ but subjectively.

Cheers!!!

How can this be done? I can't stand using Steam VR as it's such a buggy mess.

I guess I was spoiled as I used Oculus Home from the start, but then bought some VR games on Steam knowing that Oculus was supported and I wanted to get in on those deals. Man, playing Steam VR games is painful.
PC Specs

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

Power Color Red Dragon RX 580 8GB

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

LG 29UM60-P Ultra Wide 2560x1080 Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse