Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.34 Release Rolling Out Now

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dash:

• Livestreaming: You can now livestream directly to your Facebook page using Dash. Note: Some apps do not permit streaming.
  • Avatar editing: Change your Oculus Avatar anytime by pressing on the “Edit Avatar” tab on the Social Panel in Dash.

Home:

• Public Homes: You now have the option to make your Home public, allowing non-friends to visit your space and join group activities. The Home menu also now features recommended Homes, based on things like social activity and number of likes. Recommendations are automatic and dynamic, so check back often. Note: This feature is rolling out gradually.
  • Improved multiplayer functionality: We've updated multiplayer features in Home so you can play basketball, shoot blasters or redesign your Home while friends are there.
  • Multiplayer avatar editing: Strut your stuff. You can now use the Avatar Editor mirror to customize your appearance when you're in a Home with your friends.

Fixes:

• Fixed double rendering issue impacting some GPUs

Update (1/28/2019)

Hey all - just wanted to provide a quick update. Earlier this month we identified a Dash issue impacting memory clock speed on NVIDIA cards, and our engineering teams have been actively working with our friends at NVIDIA to identify a fix. Our teams appreciate your continued patience as we work to provide a resolution. If you are experiencing this issue or any others, please continue to utilize the "Provide Feedback" option within the Oculus software and open a support ticket with your logs.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
97 REPLIES 97

Kelju
Protege

TomCgcmfc said:

So, all issues  with the 1.34 PTC got addressed?

NO! the reduced gpu memoryclockspeed is there. -204MHz on gtx1070.
In Onward that is negative 5-10% difference in performance headroom (of oculus debug tool perf overlay)
Havent tested other games yet.. will post results when i have.

ANYONE FROM STAFF CARE TO COMMENT THIS? Give me a reason for this and i can accept this. Otherwise reducing hardware performance is not acceptable!!! C'mon this can not be that hard to understand...

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Kelju said:

TomCgcmfc said:

If that's true it's definitely completely unacceptable.

Consider sharing your findings here for better impact:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/

I'm wondering if overclocking your card about 204 MHz more than usual can help neutralize the 1.34 impact? 

Is the reduced mem speed only happening when you launch Home or the Oculus desktop app?

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

YoLolo69
Trustee
Mmmm I sweated for weeks to fine tune my GTX1080 overclock when I got it.  Knowing a program took the right to change its max frequency is really disturbing... I think I will wait a little to see how it goes reading around before using my rift...

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kelju said:

TomCgcmfc said:

In Onward that is negative 5-10% difference in performance headroom (of oculus debug tool perf overlay)
Havent tested other games yet.. will post results when i have.

ANYONE FROM STAFF CARE TO COMMENT THIS? Give me a reason for this and i can accept this. Otherwise reducing hardware performance is not acceptable!!! C'mon this can not be that hard to understand...

That is not good. I just built a new PC this past week, was running 1.34 PTC on previous build and had that bug, still on 1.33 Release on this new build and bug is not present. So I guess it will be back when mine updates to 1.34 Release then. It was reporting by many also in the PTC. Can't believe they have let that slip through the release version.
No way should Oculus Home reduce our GPU memory frequency.
@OculusSupport ??

Animus777
Explorer
Can confirm VRAM speed degradation. For my gtx 1080 efffective memory speed is 9 GHz  in VR. In non vr games it's 10 Ghz.  That's 10%  of performance down the drain.  I'm very disappointed in Oculus. They knew about this bug and still pushed the update on thousands of people. I'm not a guinea pig.  😞

Digikid1
Consultant

Animus777 said:

I'm not a guinea pig.  😞

Not according to Oculus.  Love their hardware but their software staff is clearly sleeping.......or not sleeping and therefore is not thinking either.

Hate to say it. 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

Digikid1 said:

Animus777 said:

I'm not a guinea pig.  😞

Not according to Oculus.  Love their hardware but their software staff is clearly sleeping.......or not sleeping and therefore is not thinking either.

Hate to say it. 😞

Yeah apparently , it was certainly brought to their attention when it was in PTC.

Richooal
Consultant
The worst part is the lack of release notes, what was fixed, what will be fixed and acknowledgement of consumer feedback.
I left the PGPC (Public Guinea Pig Channel) because of this. If you want people to help you test things there needs to be 2-way communication.
It seems like there's actually 2 test channels. The one you opt into, and the public rollout.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

GeekyGami
Adventurer
I'm starting to wonder if it isn't FaceBook's web developers who are working on Dash, and on whatever portion of the software was downclocking?

I'm hoping this won't become the Windows 10 October Update of Rift

Ah, wait, is it just Home downclocking, or is Dash doing it too?
I have Home disabled usually.

wreckoning90125
Explorer
My mem clock decreases by 500Mhz when I start Oculus. Please fix this.