cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elite Dangerous Update 3.3.02 Won't Update

Hi there,

Elite Dangerous: Commander Deluxe Edition doesn't appear to install the latest update so I can't play the game.

So I go into my library to install the latest update for Elite Dangerous - click on the Elite Dangerous game item and a pop-up appears saying "Update Available A new version of Elite Dangerous is available. Would you like to download it now?" As expected. So I click on Update now..."Installing Update..." appears on the ED icon and the starts counting up % to 100% in about 90 seconds. Also as expected.100% sits there for about 15 seconds until its replaced by a 0%. When I check on the "Updates" tab it shows a message "Installing..." but just sits at 0%. When I come back some time later and try to play it goes through the whole above process again...done this about 4 times now.

Anyone know what's going on with this? Elite Dangerous was my reason for buying a Rift and now I can't use it...

Chris
9 REPLIES 9

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Try disabling any anti-malware programs. This has been a much discussed issue in the past.

btw - welcome to the forums. You might want to search for those discussions if disabling AV doesn't work.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

FrontierSupport
Adventurer
Heya,

I hope you've been able to update the game but if you do keep running into these issues, please make a support ticket here:

https://support.frontier.co.uk/topic.php

I'd recommend, as pointed out above, making sure all Firewalls/AntiVirus software is disabled, along with trying to disable any other third party software. If the issues persist, please make a ticket! We can help more from there. 🙂

- CMDR Zenit

Rayne23
Protege
Ive been having the same issues as well, Please let me know if you come across a solution.

Rayne23
Protege
I disabled my Firewall/Antivirus Software and still no dice.... Looks like ill be filing a ticket

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try clicking on the Logo in the Oculus Install Menu. It can hang for a long time and not seem to update. That extra screen seems to show progress. I noticed EA's Origin is exactly the same until you select the game's logo instead. Look for that deeper menu.

ThreeDogz
Honored Guest
I had the same issue and had to completely re-install Elite and Oculus Home to get the update to 3.3.02. Now have the same issue again with 3.3.03. What's going on?

RattyUK
Trustee
The update intalled through Oculus software without any issue for me on the last 2 patches, the first update actually did require me clicking the download in the updates section as it was scheduled for some time ahead.  Have you considered sending Frontier Support a request also?
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Hi folks,

Apologies, got it working and got too carried away enjoying the game...oops!

Didn't mean to forget all the help I got.

Fix for me was to do a complete install of ED...for both the recent updates. It works but would be better if I could just run the update like normal.

Regards,

bigmike20vt
Visionary
i had the same issue.... in the end i uninstalled and reinstalled - however there was something odd there too as despite the software telling me it was uninstalled it clearly wasnt... because when i reinstalled it, it took all of 10 mins to supposedly install the 18gb game. ... unless i got a magic increase in BB speed for those 10 mins ED clearly had not uninstalled when i told it to.

still, it did then work ok.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂