Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.34 Release Rolling Out Now

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dash:

• Livestreaming: You can now livestream directly to your Facebook page using Dash. Note: Some apps do not permit streaming.
  • Avatar editing: Change your Oculus Avatar anytime by pressing on the “Edit Avatar” tab on the Social Panel in Dash.

Home:

• Public Homes: You now have the option to make your Home public, allowing non-friends to visit your space and join group activities. The Home menu also now features recommended Homes, based on things like social activity and number of likes. Recommendations are automatic and dynamic, so check back often. Note: This feature is rolling out gradually.
  • Improved multiplayer functionality: We've updated multiplayer features in Home so you can play basketball, shoot blasters or redesign your Home while friends are there.
  • Multiplayer avatar editing: Strut your stuff. You can now use the Avatar Editor mirror to customize your appearance when you're in a Home with your friends.

Fixes:

• Fixed double rendering issue impacting some GPUs

Update (1/28/2019)

Hey all - just wanted to provide a quick update. Earlier this month we identified a Dash issue impacting memory clock speed on NVIDIA cards, and our engineering teams have been actively working with our friends at NVIDIA to identify a fix. Our teams appreciate your continued patience as we work to provide a resolution. If you are experiencing this issue or any others, please continue to utilize the "Provide Feedback" option within the Oculus software and open a support ticket with your logs.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
97 REPLIES 97

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK I fixed the issue with the display going all dim. It went bright when I reset view in Home.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Richooal said:

I suspect they're only looking for specific feedback. If a 1000 people say "Wow! I can stream to Facebook", they won't see the 20 or so people with mem clock problems. (Damn you, Pareto)

Unfortunately, I think it's more like "If 20 people say "Wow! I can stream to Facebook", they won't see the 1000 or so people with mem clock problems."  😉 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Anonymous
Not applicable

TomCgcmfc said:

misty007 said:

TomCgcmfc said:

misty007 said:

update 1.34
critcal error occured, an oculus update may not have ........etc etc.
every time i reboot,  oculus start updating 11 of 11......
it is stuck and I am stuck cause I am not a pc expert.
the last 2 updates oculus starts messing up.

any suggestions?

I believe you are still using win8.  I suggest you update to win10.  Otherwise you will continue to limit yourself to future  pcvr developments and options imho.

thx Tom, appreciate your time .But it seems nobody know for sure if  its due to windows 8 iso having windows 10.

iAfter having troubles doing update 1.33 they also said it was due to windows 8 but

after a couple of days the rift was working again ........untill this update1.34 today....critical error....etc

So is it for sure a windows 8 problem this time?

Not sure if your specific issue is win8 related but it well could be imho.  It seems to me, and I could be wrong, that the majority of reported problems are from win7/8 users and/or ones with minimum spec cpu/gpu's.  

Aside, and does not apply to you misty btw;

Also, seems a bit strange to me that so many negative comments come for 1 post wonders (= first user post).  While I'm sure that many of these are from actual newbies who don't yet know how to search and troubleshoot problems, I kinda think that some are just plain trollish.

Anonymous
Not applicable
For sure i am a newbe to this forum, that is because oculus worked fine for the first 4 years starting with dk1.
The problems started with update 1.33 and that is the why I was looking for solutions on the forum.

In the meantime I did have help from oculus chat and they did advice to reinstall and go for the repair option which I did.
So far no result exept it doesnt update at all this time, it is like going 5 months back in time.
(With the difference,5 months back the rift was working....)
Second, when looking on oculus support they offer solutions for window 7 users, that would be weird if they have the rift only working for windows 10.

Still hoping for solutions.
And thx again Tom.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Misty, maybe update to win10. Sorry but this is all I can suggest.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

GeekyGami
Adventurer
The hourglass now has an animation.
I didn't see this mentioned in the log.

What else is not shown in the log?

Daws-ITA
Expert Protege
OK I found the nature of the downclock issue, and FIXED.
It's relative to the new streaming feature and nvidia cards wich involve an encoder requiriging a more precise coding calculation instead of speed. This state, called P2, put the memory clock to a safer lower lever, around 10%, for the mentioned pourpose.
To disable this issue:
1) Close Oculus client
2) download nvidia profile inspector https://github.com/Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfileInspector/releases
3) run it and under "Common" set the record "CUDA  Force P2 state" to OFF, Apply Changes.
joqfwyb7p3yf.jpg4) DONE! run Oculus Client and your memory clock should be ok now.

BTW I made some performance test, with and without the fix, there's a difference, indeed minimal, so many may probably unoticed it, but this is something that Oculus need to fix ASAP!

GeekyGami
Adventurer
This needs to be pinned somewhere

Richooal
Consultant

daws72 said:

BTW I made some performance test, with and without the fix, there's a difference, indeed minimal, so many may probably unoticed it, but this is something that Oculus need to fix ASAP!

What is the difference? Is it better or worse with the fix?

Also, is this going to be detrimentral to both of the users that stream to Facebook?
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Daws-ITA
Expert Protege
Better with the fix, of course. Anyway I didn't do any stream test to see if there's some problem. Indeed it's a workaround but oculus devs needs to call P2 gpu clocks only when streaming, to avoid performance reduction when not streaming.