New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Hight In Game

leo1954auleo1954au Posts: 375
Nexus 6
I just cannot seem to get the correct height in game like with VR carts it seems like I'm sitting on the ground and the steering wheel is above my head and I have to stand up to even see over the front of the cart Would this have something to do with my sensor placement,  I have my sensors placed about 6 ft apart and 4 ft above my head

Comments

• GATOxVoSGATOxVoS Posts: 440
    Trinity
    This will probably be due to the height adjustment. I haven't played VR carts before, so I do not know how it is optimized, but what you'll want to do is play around with the values in the height adjustment in the Oculus App. If it seems to be too low, try setting your "height" at a lower value. I'm 6'0" but in order to feel like the floor is natural, I have to input 5'10" as my "height"
    PC Specs:
    Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
    Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
    RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
    16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
    Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
    850W Corsair HX850 PSU
    4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup
  • leo1954auleo1954au Posts: 375
    Nexus 6
    Tried the sensor setup again but instead of standing up I sat in my computer chair but left the height adjustment alone and it seem to be much better and at least I felt like sitting in the car instead of on the ground
  • Js500Js500 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    GATOxVoS said:
    This will probably be due to the height adjustment. I haven't played VR carts before, so I do not know how it is optimized, but what you'll want to do is play around with the values in the height adjustment in the Oculus App. If it seems to be too low, try setting your "height" at a lower value. I'm 6'0" but in order to feel like the floor is natural, I have to input 5'10" as my "height"
    Where do you adjust it?
  • RudalplRudalpl Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    edited January 2019
    Do you remember to reset the view every time you change a "play position"?
    Racing games, simulators etc. sometimes assume the default set up is when you are standing, so when you sit down you end up inside the vehicle. Press the oculus button on your controller while game is running and reset the position and you should be ok.
  • ourfamof6ourfamof6 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I am trying to adjust the hight but I cant figure out how to do so. I am way way too tall inside the games, like im on the ceiling