cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 2018-2019 NBA Season will be Streamed

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I'm a huge fan of the NBA, and I typically attend 2-3 events live per year. When I heard that the NBA is coming to VR during OC5, I was stoked! And now, the confirmation has arrived. For you Oculus GO owners we can expect to see this in our Oculus Venues application; which has really impressed me more and more over time.
But before the rest of you start wailing - har har - the good news is that this is available for all major HMD's! And yes, these will be courtside seats.

NextVR is preparing to stream the 2018-2019 NBA season

NextVR’s Immersive Broadcast Available on All VR Platforms

The free NextVR app is available for download on every major VR platform – Gear VR, Google Daydream, Microsoft Mixed Reality, PlayStation VR, Oculus Go, HTC Vive, HTC Vive Pro, and Oculus Rift.

Full article:
https://www.itsaboutvr.com/2018/10/nextvr-is-preparing-to-stream-2018-2019-nba-season.html?m=1&fbcli...

Here is the current VR Stream Lineup:

fzcj3bzb20bv.png

20 REPLIES 20

asbarkhan
Explorer
Can't wait to explore :smiley:

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
There's a live game streaming now. Just jumped in and loving these floor seats! They also have a camera set up behind the basket which is awesome during the replays.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Thanks for this, I'm excited to try this out tonight.

So it says there's a game today 28th Jan at 4:30pm PT so I take it that means Pacific Time in America but can anybody help me out and convert that to UK time? Ppppppppllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Thank you, I will make you apple pie!! :wink:
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Oculus, basketball is pretty much the same as netball, which is for girls. Where's the football (and I mean proper football rather than those nancies running around with all that wimpy padding and hardly kicking the thing!!!)? Fuck you, I'm buying a Vive. 😞

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

snowdog said:

Dear Oculus, basketball is pretty much the same as netball, which is for girls. Where's the football (and I mean proper football rather than those nancies running around with all that wimpy padding and hardly kicking the thing!!!)? Fuck you, I'm buying a Vive. 😞

Dude basketball is awesome. If you think it's for girls then how about you and I set up a game in real life? I'll show you who wears the skirt, baby. Heck pick any sport you like and I'll have you in a skirt!

Also speaking of nancies running around,

Anonymous
Not applicable
I used to LOVE watching Ozzie Rules Football lol. They used to have it on Channel 4 on Sunday mornings in the 80s. Great entertainment.

And me being in a skirt is NORMAL. 😮 😄

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Well I know folks outside of the U.S. don't like U.S. sports, but it's a hard pill you're gonna have to swallow when you're on a forum run by two U.S. organizations: Facebook and Oculus.

Because we know when to stop playing footsies and innovate, baby.

ZING!

alexgambler
Honored Guest
Really nice idea,  will try it for sure

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
It's fairly awesome if you are in to sports. I attended one game and loved it!

CrimsonRelic
Protege
Can you watch free? I don't really watch sports, but I do want to check this out.