cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone convert this file to GLB for me please?

Digikid1
Consultant
I would like to use this model in home.  Both as a good sized ship for the space environment and one for a shelf....maybe bread box sized.

Here is the file.  It is in max format.  Some textures had to be separate due to size constraints.

dmrtm00ejewh.png
26 REPLIES 26

Digikid1
Consultant
I tried but that requires a FBX file....a format that I do not have.

Ah ok, sorry.  Just had a go, no idea what this looks like.  I tried to load it into Windows 3d Builder but it failed.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

You can load it into Paint 3d and it looks very nice actually.  The one texture i couldn't find/correct was the Starfox name on the sides.

Digikid1
Consultant

The OBJ file imported much nicer    🙂

kea04vpr79em.jpg

What program did you use for this?

Digikid1
Consultant
I tried paint3d and again it didn’t load any textures. Quite weird. Plus it took five minutes just to load the file. Thought it crashed. LOL

Very weird, takes 6 seconds to load here and this is what it looks like:

uqatk35qy1up.jpg

The other software i'm using further up is Visionary Render.  It isn't cheap.

Digikid1
Consultant
Maybe a plugin that I don’t have?  What are the exact steps your doing to open it?

Extract the file.  Search paint 3d in Windows search - choose the trusted microsoft store app one when it comes up.

Choose open/Browse files then choose starfox.glb.  

I can't imagine you are doing anything else?

Version:

vvc8bp0fic2g.jpg

Anyway... at first i thought you were going to 3d print these for your home.  I've read the first post again and realise you are going to put them in "Home" lol

I haven't done anything like this yet - didn't even realise we could!

So, have you tried that yet?  If that works i'll try and clean the model up - change the opacity of the cockpit windshield so you can see through it.  I know how to do it in my software but not in 3ds max for the glb file.  I thought it didn't matter because it was just going to be a black plastic model.

Digikid1
Consultant
Anyone else?