cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derail Valley

vfrhawk
Protege
I see this is out in early access on Steam.  Am at work so haven't picked it up yet, though I will ASAP.

Anyone got it yet?  Have any thoughts?
8 REPLIES 8

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
It's also available in the Oculus Store  - I'm not a great fan of train simulators, I think I'll pass for now:

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1364142430316562

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

vfrhawk
Protege
Cheers Rune, hadn't seen it on the store.  Just bought it as had some store credit left.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I only played the demo and loved it. Im no train enthousiast, but do love all cockpit games in VR.
The options in the full game seem amazing so far and cant wait to get my hands on it!
If you are even a little bit into trains this is a must buy. If not, you can wait for some patches as it is still quite rough.

Chazmeister
Rising Star
Tim Stone over on RPS has done a good write up of this, playing in 2D though, but it'll still give you a good idea of the game at present, as it plays very similarly in 2D.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/02/01/derail-valley-early-access-impressions-review/

vfrhawk
Protege
Have to say I'm absolutely loving it so far, and the latest patch is supposed to fix one of the remaining frustrations - you have to drive everywhere slowly to avoid derailing.  If that's fixed (I haven't had a chance to try it yet) then I can see this being one of the games I spend a lot of time in VR in.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just got the game. Figuring things out. Can't seem to get the cars to couple. Follow directions. Get in range, push the couple button, display changes but nothing else. Thanks in advance. A lot different than ATS and XPlane (my favorites).

vfrhawk
Protege
Maybe a stupid question, but there are 2 buttons if memory serves, one couples, one decouples.  You are pushing the correct one?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got it figured out.