Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.35 PTC Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Home:

• Custom Home Support: You now have the ability to import your own Home geometry as a replacement for the standard “cabin” geometry. Just like importing your own custom items, you can place a .glb file in your My Imports\Custom Homes folder and use that object as a template for brand new Homes! We've also implemented new ambient audio tracks to apply to your custom Homes, as well as a lighting panel to adjust the interior and exterior lighting (depending on which types your space implements). Full documentation of this feature is coming soon.

DASH:

• Resolved a Dash issue impacting memory clock speed on NVIDIA cards.
  • Various performance improvements and additional bug fixes.

If you encounter any issues with this PTC software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. Any and all feature or enhancement requests should be left on our UserVoice page. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
42 REPLIES 42

Richooal
Consultant

Awesome to hear! Thanks for the quick replies everyone! We'll go ahead and update the release notes to call out that this issue has been resolved with 1.35.

Providing feedback in the Release Notes is ( I think) unprecedented. If you keep that up, more people will give you feedback.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I don't have any tools installed to tell me if my memory has been downclocked or not but PTC 1.35 seems to be working fine for me.  I have tried it with/without the 1.34 'fix' and I cannot see any differences in performance.  Mind you, I could not really see any diffs in 1.34 with/without the 'fix', lol!

Thanks to you guys (and Oculus Support) for all this.  Cheers.

Edit; any pros/cons in leaving the P2 'fix' enabled (P2 = off)?  Thanks.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

TomCgcmfc said:

I don't have any tools installed to tell me if my memory has been downclocked or not but PTC 1.35 seems to be working fine for me.  I have tried it with/without the 1.34 'fix' and I cannot see any differences in performance.  Mind you, I could not really see any diffs in 1.34 with/without the 'fix', lol!

Thanks to you guys (and Oculus Support) for all this.  Cheers.

Edit; any pros/cons in leaving the P2 'fix' enabled (P2 = off)?  Thanks.

So, no one knows pros/cons  leaving  P2 = off ???

For now I have left the 1.34 'fix' on (P2 = off) and I have not seen any difference.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
I changed mine back to on, not sure of any pros or cons either way but I figure it was meant to be on by default in a setting that is fairly well hidden from the Nvidia Control Panel as one has to use a third party program just to get to it.

I decided why not turn back on, Oculus has the fix out now for it.

MPires
Heroic Explorer

dburne said:

Taomyn said:

daws72 said:

To me, it looks the gpu memory memory downclock it's fixed in ptc 1.35  🙂 

Not for me, had to re-apply the "fix" after the update of the latest nVidia drivers

From what I understand, the Dash issue impacting memory clock speed should have been resolved in the latest update to the PTC. This PTC update rolled out yesterday. I'm curious to know when you tested to see if the issue is still impacting you. If you didn't test as of recently as yesterday after receiving an Oculus software update, could you please give that another look?

I'd also love to hear from anyone else who was experiencing this issue on 1.34 to see if the latest PTC update did in fact resolve it for you. As only one person has confirmed a fix and one person has said it's still an issue, I'd love to get a larger sample size from the community on this. Thanks in advance, all!

Just updated to 1.35.
The issue is fixed for me also, thanks!!

+1 . Update today, is working well. Thanks.

Protogtp1jr
Honored Guest
Oculus says it has updated but my version is still 1.34. Can't get the update to start,tried to repair and reinstall still showing  version 1.34.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Oculus says it has updated but my version is still 1.34. Can't get the update to start,tried to repair and reinstall still showing  version 1.34.

You need to use your Oculus pc app, go to settings, beta tab, and select PTC on.  Then it should update to 1.35.  Until  1.35 is out of PTC a repair will go to 1.34.

Richooal
Consultant
I'm not in the PTC and I have V 1.34 installed (obviously). However, the latest update notification that I have shows release notes for V 1.35
I think they've confused themselves, and I'm now going to assume I have V 1.34.5

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Richooal said:

I'm not in the PTC and I have V 1.34 installed (obviously). However, the latest update notification that I have shows release notes for V 1.35
I think they've confused themselves, and I'm now going to assume I have V 1.34.5

Probably just an error in the release notes being misreported.  Go to the Oculus PC App, settings, general tab.  Scroll down to the bottom and you will see what version you have.  Probably 1.34 if you are not on the PTC.  For me it's 1.35 since I am on the PTC.  I imagine 1.35 will be coming out of PTC very soon.

Richooal
Consultant

TomCgcmfc said:

Probably just an error in the release notes being misreported.  Go to the Oculus PC App, settings, general tab.  Scroll down to the bottom and you will see what version you have.

Yep, see below

Richooal said:

I'm not in the PTC and I have V 1.34 installed (obviously).

I was joking when I said this....

Richooal said:
 I'm now going to assume I have V 1.34.5

Sorry for confusing.