Hackers making home larger than it should be — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Hackers making home larger than it should be

WebMetalReeseWebMetalReese Posts: 30
Brain Burst
Been jumping around homes checking them out and recently I've been seeing players "extending" their home space past the balcony. They are quite large and honestly when i go to those homes my PC either a) freezes or b) reverts me back to my home with an error saying that Oculus will close tin 10 seconds. 

Please limit players and fix the exploit. 
Specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
AMD Vega 56 8GB 
T-Delta 3000Mhz (32GB)
Asus Strix B 450-F Gaming
Samsung Evo 860 1 TB
All that hardware and Home still sets my Video quality to "low" 

Tagged:

Comments

• GATOxVoSGATOxVoS Posts: 440
    Trinity
    I think this is just part of the 1.35 PTC changes which allow for custom home geometry. If you have been experiencing crashes due to this I would open a support ticket with Oculus so that they can fix it in the 1.35 release
    PC Specs:
    Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
    Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
    RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
    16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
    Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
    850W Corsair HX850 PSU
    4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,045
    Wintermute
    I think it's just people laying rugs into the open space and using them to put their stuff on. I don't think people should be limited to what they do in their own (VR) home. Visitors don't have to stay if they don't like what they see.
    Although, I still think "Home" should be an App that you choose to run, or not.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • WebMetalReeseWebMetalReese Posts: 30
    Brain Burst
    While I agree with your comment on players not being limited in what they do in their own virtual environment, I still object to exceeding the limits of what is specified as "your own". 

I also agree that home should be an option that you can choose to run or not, and honestly I rather enjoy home and going around to people's places and meeting new people. What I don't like is when I visit someone's home and they have so much stuff piled everywhere that it literally crashes. That's not fun for anyone. 

Specs:
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
    AMD Vega 56 8GB 
    T-Delta 3000Mhz (32GB)
    Samsung Evo 860 1 TB

• MradrMradr Posts: 3,348 Valuable Player
    While I agree with your comment on players not being limited in what they do in their own virtual environment, I still object to exceeding the limits of what is specified as "your own". 

I also agree that home should be an option that you can choose to run or not, and honestly I rather enjoy home and going around to people's places and meeting new people. What I don't like is when I visit someone's home and they have so much stuff piled everywhere that it literally crashes. That's not fun for anyone. 

Let me flip this around though - why complain everyone else needs to come down to your level and not you come up to their level of hardware instead? Its actually the same argument backwards if you think about it like that. There for - players shouldn't be limited / have to come down - and visitors just have to understand that their hardware cant go up to meet the more demanding homes. 
  • saami81saami81 Posts: 102
    Art3mis
    Mradr said:

Let me flip this around though - why complain everyone else needs to come down to your level and not you come up to their level of hardware instead? Its actually the same argument backwards if you think about it like that. There for - players shouldn't be limited / have to come down - and visitors just have to understand that their hardware cant go up to meet the more demanding homes. 
    Im sorry, but what hardware OP have? How do you even know that he have bad specs?

I have private home with over 300 self made Oculus Medium items. I can run it just fine myself, but i doubt i could visit a place like that. Even much simplier places takes some time to load with custom objects.
  • Nekto2Nekto2 Posts: 245
    Nexus 6
    Richooal said:
    I think it's just people laying rugs into the open space and using them to put their stuff on.
    No. With custom items you could make a way over the blocker and go out of a balcony personally.
    Even you could fell from the balcony to the ground layer! You could walk between cars and tracks on the future background theme. It's fun.
    :lol:
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,540 Valuable Player
    Common Core Housing must be instituted!
    WAAAGH!
    Brain Burst
    @Mradr I understand and can completely see your point, if you flip the argument around, I totally get it. It could actually be my hardware honestly. I don't have a top end machine - mid level at best. 
    Specs:
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
    AMD Vega 56 8GB 
    T-Delta 3000Mhz (32GB)
    Samsung Evo 860 1 TB

• MradrMradr Posts: 3,348 Valuable Player
    edited February 11
    saami81 said:
    Mradr said:

Im sorry, but what hardware OP have? How do you even know that he have bad specs?

I have private home with over 300 self made Oculus Medium items. I can run it just fine myself, but i doubt i could visit a place like that. Even much simplier places takes some time to load with custom objects.
    That doesnt make sense though. It runs just fine for you, but you cant visit the same homes? Its the same stuff over the same video card. There isnt anything magical running local that is boosting your video card output. Everything is downloaded to your computer then reproduce at your end. Its as simple as that. 

Some people are going to have stronger hardware and therefore be allow to place more in their homes because their hardware can keep up with it. If your hardware can verily keep up with what you have - what magic do you think its going to work better with someone that has more stuff?
  • Nekto2Nekto2 Posts: 245
    Nexus 6
    Have you tried installing Sansar? Is it ok for your hardware?
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,807 Valuable Player
    seems simple enough to me.......
    Each home should be given a performance rating - I cant believe this would be difficult to implement based on the items in said home etc.
     Your PC is given a performance rating, then a simple check box to only allow your machine to connect with homes at the same rating, or less than your machine.

people with high end rigs can go to town, people with modest systems dont get crashed or vomit inducing experiences.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • ChazmeisterChazmeister Posts: 534
    Neo
    edited February 13

Each home should be given a performance rating - I cant believe this would be difficult to implement based on the items in said home etc.

A very sensible suggestion. I think you already get one for your own homes don't you? There's a green and amber light thing going on in one of the menus relating to performance of your home, so should be simple enough to make a general rating based on the amount and type of items etc placed in a home.
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,739 Volunteer Moderator
    I just saw a home with a custom environment that was a retro game level, insane!

I agree a complexity rating would be helpful.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    Brain Burst
    I'll upgrade some components and get back to see if there is any improvement. 
    Specs:
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
    AMD Vega 56 8GB 
    T-Delta 3000Mhz (32GB)
    Samsung Evo 860 1 TB