cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well If This Ends Up Happening I'm Jumping Ship!

Anonymous
Not applicable
https://uploadvr.com/oculus-rift-s-code-references/

The Rift S has been referenced in code somewhere apparently and is using inside-out tracking and a software IPD instead of a physical one.

Any game using 360 degree tracking will be pretty much unplayable.

I honestly don't know what Oculus are thinking, enthusiasts are going to be leaving the Oculus platform in droves. Still got to wait and see what happens at F8 but if their CV2 is basically a Quest without the mobile phone parts I'm getting myself either a Pimax or a Valve headset and will jump back to Oculus when they release the CV3. The Rift S will probably be cheap but I'm not going near it.

Dear Oculus, if you're releasing a cheap crappy headset with inside-out tracking as your CV2 then I'm not going anywhere near it. Fuck you, I'm buying a Valve/Pimax headset next gen and MIGHT go back to Oculus for the CV3 if you release something decent.

And I actually MEAN it this time! 😞
247 REPLIES 247

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Techy111 said:

Oculus has said it is in line with the (batt life) Go headset, meaning that it should be around 2 or 3 hours. Charging is via USB-C

https://www.pocket-lint.com/ar-vr/reviews/oculus-rift/146720-oculus-quest-review

Who knows LOL

Oh man. 2-3 hours is pants!

Screw this, I'm jumping ship!
😛

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Techy111 said:

Oculus has said it is in line with the (batt life) Go headset, meaning that it should be around 2 or 3 hours. Charging is via USB-C

https://www.pocket-lint.com/ar-vr/reviews/oculus-rift/146720-oculus-quest-review

Who knows LOL

Hmm - I was hoping for more then 3 hours, but I damn hope it's no less then 3 hours. I would say anywhere between 4-6 hours would have been great.

MowTin
Expert Trustee

Zenbane said:

btw,

I haven't made my public review yet, but I did recently try the Vive Pro on a VR Arcade attraction. While the attraction was incredibly lackluster, the Vive Pro's visual improvements over the Rift were instantly noticeable. I still prefer my Rift CV1 (comfort and sleekness are better than the Vive Pro), but there's no denying the overall image quality improvement that the Vive Pro maintains.

It is a very good headset without needing to Mod the lenses.

Wow, I'm surprised to hear you say that. You don't sound like an Oculus fanboy. 😉

i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

MowTin said:

Zenbane said:

btw,

I haven't made my public review yet, but I did recently try the Vive Pro on a VR Arcade attraction. While the attraction was incredibly lackluster, the Vive Pro's visual improvements over the Rift were instantly noticeable. I still prefer my Rift CV1 (comfort and sleekness are better than the Vive Pro), but there's no denying the overall image quality improvement that the Vive Pro maintains.

It is a very good headset without needing to Mod the lenses.

Wow, I'm surprised to hear you say that. You don't sound like an Oculus fanboy. 😉

Well I still wouldn't buy it because the comfort level is arse compared to Rift, plus I aint gripping any bulky shafts. But when screens are improved, it's hard to deny!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
In the spirit of a thread that is all about treating rumors as facts...

Oculus Quest Dev Settings Suggest Full Cross-Buy With Oculus Go

Thankfully, the Oculus Platform SDK settings list Quest under the same app ID field as Go and Gear VR. The app ID uniquely identifies each Oculus Store listing, so having the same ID almost certainly means they have the same store page. This would mean full cross-buy, no developer approval needed.

And if this happens, we can all be thankful since this means that Oculus Developers will NOT be jumping ship!
😘

LZoltowski
Champion
Quest will launch on or after 06/19/2019 (edit GO FCC was embargoed until 06/19/2019, but came out in MAY, so I guess MAY?)

FCC Request was filed 21/12/2019

I don't see any other model's filed yet so the Rift-S could be a while off.

juq4nmkwnpo4.jpgh5k235qz7q8t.jpg
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Quest will launch on or after 06/19/2019

Oh great, now everyone gets to fight (again) over:
  1. Early in the Year
  2. Mid Year

FML

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought it was supposed to be released in Spring? That's the Summer!

LZoltowski
Champion

Zenbane said:

Quest will launch on or after 06/19/2019

Oh great, now everyone gets to fight (again) over:
  1. Early in the Year
  2. Mid Year

FML

That's only when the FCC confidentiality embargo is lifted, 

GO was launched in May, it's FCC docs were lifted on 06/19/2018

So Quest will probably Launch in MAY ... I guess?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion
I adjusted my post 🙂

Be kind to one another 🙂