cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will it work on a laptop with NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti?

OlveAskim
Honored Guest
I'm getting really mixed search results here. The hardware test says Rift won't work with NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti while the minimum specs on the support pages says it'll be fine.
I'll mostly be using Quill. Please help before I spend a lot of money on this... 🙂
10 REPLIES 10

1Jobe
Protege
I  have had success with my 1050ti as an  eGPU on my Asus laptop. Took a while to click, but finally worked.
In my desktop it works well, also.
Of course research the make of your laptop , specs online you will get some sense of it being ok or not.
List it here too.

OlveAskim
Honored Guest
Edit: Sorry, double post.

OlveAskim
Honored Guest
This is from the Oculus test:

+ Processor
You have an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, which meets or exceeds our recommended system specification.
X Graphics Card
Your NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics card doesn't meet our recommended specification, which is an NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD 290 equivalent or greater. Learn more.
+ Memory
You have 16 GB of RAM, which meets or exceeds our recommended system specification.
+ Operating System
You're running Windows 10 64-bit, which meets or exceeds our recommended system specification.
+ USB
You have USB 3.0 ports, which meets or exceeds our recommended system specification.

Richooal
Consultant
Are you sure it's saying that the Rift won't work?

It looks to me that it's saying your card doesn't meet "RECOMMENDED" spec. It still meets minimum though.

Besides that, you have a laptop, so you may have other problems not checked by the compatibility checker.
Which laptop, and model do you have?

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

xxpandakingxx
Honored Guest
100% don’t do it...it’s taken me a month to get my money back on my recommended spec ASUS laptop sold as VR 

xxpandakingxx
Honored Guest
It’s been to repair to ASUS without testing an Oculus.

search FX504GM ASUS oculus online and see my posts on the overclockers sites and the issues I was experiencing here:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/72662/oculus-rift-with-a-asus-fx504gm-en150t-glitch...

Laptops are just no good and my laptop was sold as VR ready..

OlveAskim
Honored Guest
I've got a Lenovo Legion Y520.

Richooal
Consultant

OlveAskim said:

I've got a Lenovo Legion Y520.

Google this ......... Lenovo Legion Y520 with oculus rift
You'll see lots of posts about the Y520 having problems with the Rift.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

OlveAskim
Honored Guest
Ah, ok. Thanks guys.No Oculus for me right now then...