New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift keeps crashing since update

Hi, 

I got my Rift for Christmas and have been loving it until the most recent update (Sunday 27th Jan). I play almost solely racing Sims and haven't had any issues but after the Occulus update on Sunday I keep having the Occulus go black and then the game CTD... I updated my GPU driver on Tuesday and that seemed to sort it... I completed a 100minute race last night with no issues. I then tried again tonight and it crashed... Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Windows 10
i7700k @ 4.2ghz
GTX1080Ti
16gb RAM
Tagged:

Comments

• jderrick900jderrick900 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm having this exact same problem on all my sim racing games but also on other VR games. Need a fix ASAP. Can't run for more than half an hour without the system crashing. Need help!!

Windows 10
    i7-8700k @ 4.8GHz
    GTX 1070Ti
    16GB DDR4 RAM
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,730 Valuable Player
    edited February 9
    Try to opt into the PTC (Public Test Channel) in the Oculus desktop app - then you'll get the 1.35 beta version, hopefully that'll help. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • BiggNasty187BiggNasty187 Posts: 4
    NerveGear

I was having the same issue over the last few weeks where it would crash and then reboot but with the left eye being green or red, or flickering. I don't know if this will work for you, but I had the oculus hooked up through display port to HDMI adapter. The adapter was not the problem, but the port used was. I switched to the display port closest to the HDMI port and I raced for a few hours without one crash. I will report back if it starts crashing again. I don't know why, but simply changing ports, or maybe one of my ports were damaged seemed to fix it. 

I will say though that if it starts crashing again, I'm going to purchase the full Pimax 5k system. Oculus shafting the hardcore users to service the mouth breathers of this planet will be their downfall. *cough, INDEX, cough*