cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hackers making home larger than it should be

WebMetalReese
Protege
Been jumping around homes checking them out and recently I've been seeing players "extending" their home space past the balcony. They are quite large and honestly when i go to those homes my PC either a) freezes or b) reverts me back to my home with an error saying that Oculus will close tin 10 seconds. 

Please limit players and fix the exploit. 
14 REPLIES 14

GATOxVoS
Heroic Explorer
I think this is just part of the 1.35 PTC changes which allow for custom home geometry. If you have been experiencing crashes due to this I would open a support ticket with Oculus so that they can fix it in the 1.35 release
PC Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
850W Corsair HX850 PSU
4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup

Richooal
Consultant
I think it's just people laying rugs into the open space and using them to put their stuff on. I don't think people should be limited to what they do in their own (VR) home. Visitors don't have to stay if they don't like what they see.
Although, I still think "Home" should be an App that you choose to run, or not.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

WebMetalReese
Protege
While I agree with your comment on players not being limited in what they do in their own virtual environment, I still object to exceeding the limits of what is specified as "your own". 

I also agree that home should be an option that you can choose to run or not, and honestly I rather enjoy home and going around to people's places and meeting new people. What I don't like is when I visit someone's home and they have so much stuff piled everywhere that it literally crashes. That's not fun for anyone. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

While I agree with your comment on players not being limited in what they do in their own virtual environment, I still object to exceeding the limits of what is specified as "your own". 

I also agree that home should be an option that you can choose to run or not, and honestly I rather enjoy home and going around to people's places and meeting new people. What I don't like is when I visit someone's home and they have so much stuff piled everywhere that it literally crashes. That's not fun for anyone. 

Let me flip this around though - why complain everyone else needs to come down to your level and not you come up to their level of hardware instead? Its actually the same argument backwards if you think about it like that. There for - players shouldn't be limited / have to come down - and visitors just have to understand that their hardware cant go up to meet the more demanding homes. 

saami81
Rising Star

Mradr said:

Let me flip this around though - why complain everyone else needs to come down to your level and not you come up to their level of hardware instead? Its actually the same argument backwards if you think about it like that. There for - players shouldn't be limited / have to come down - and visitors just have to understand that their hardware cant go up to meet the more demanding homes. 

Im sorry, but what hardware OP have? How do you even know that he have bad specs?

I have private home with over 300 self made Oculus Medium items. I can run it just fine myself, but i doubt i could visit a place like that. Even much simplier places takes some time to load with custom objects.

Nekto2
Superstar

Richooal said:

I think it's just people laying rugs into the open space and using them to put their stuff on.

No. With custom items you could make a way over the blocker and go out of a balcony personally.
Even you could fell from the balcony to the ground layer! You could walk between cars and tracks on the future background theme. It's fun.
:lol:

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Common Core Housing must be instituted!
WAAAGH!

WebMetalReese
Protege
@Mradr I understand and can completely see your point, if you flip the argument around, I totally get it. It could actually be my hardware honestly. I don't have a top end machine - mid level at best. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

saami81 said:

Mradr said:

Im sorry, but what hardware OP have? How do you even know that he have bad specs?

I have private home with over 300 self made Oculus Medium items. I can run it just fine myself, but i doubt i could visit a place like that. Even much simplier places takes some time to load with custom objects.

That doesnt make sense though. It runs just fine for you, but you cant visit the same homes? Its the same stuff over the same video card. There isnt anything magical running local that is boosting your video card output. Everything is downloaded to your computer then reproduce at your end. Its as simple as that. 

Some people are going to have stronger hardware and therefore be allow to place more in their homes because their hardware can keep up with it. If your hardware can verily keep up with what you have - what magic do you think its going to work better with someone that has more stuff?