cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the advantage and disadvantage to use power bank with Oculus Go

HorizonsVR
Honored Guest
Hello,

I have 30 VR glasses Oculus go and use it at same time, the problem is the battery for Oculus Go not enough so I need to use power bank.
My question is What is the advantage and disadvantage to use power bank with Oculus Go? and Also could I use it while we use the show?
5 REPLIES 5

HorizonsVR
Honored Guest
Hello,

I have 30 VR glasses Oculus go and use it at same time, the problem is the battery for Oculus Go not enough so I need to use power bank.
My question is What is the advantage and disadvantage to use power bank with Oculus Go? and Also could I use it while we use the show?

LZoltowski
Champion
I have merged this into a single post. 🙂 Thanks!
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Hi @HorizonsVR , my understanding with these kind of devices is the circuitry, heat syncing, ventilation, well the device in general, will have been designed for a particular usage scenario.
Using the headset will mean a certain amount of current flowing, leading to a certain amount of heat generated, leading to a certain life expectancy of components.

Using and charging simultaneously (ie when you have a power bank plugged in) means higher currents in some circuitry and components, higher temperatures, more stress.

It all depends on what the design allowed for, what headrooms were allowed for. What the testing scenarios were and what results were discovered.

There may be no problems at all, using a power bank, there may only be a problem if one of the components has a fault that would otherwise have been ok without being additionally stressed.

My guess is there would be no problems. But at the same time, if the component that has a slight weakness happens to be the battery, I don’t think I’d want it near my face.

13700K, RTX 4070 Ti, Asus ROG Strix Z790-A Gaming, Corsair H150i Capellix, 64GB Corsair Vengence DDR5, Corsair 5000D Airflow, 4TB Samsung 870 , 2TB Samsung 990 Pro x 2, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, Quest, 2, 3, Pro

by the way, the advantages are it lasts longer

13700K, RTX 4070 Ti, Asus ROG Strix Z790-A Gaming, Corsair H150i Capellix, 64GB Corsair Vengence DDR5, Corsair 5000D Airflow, 4TB Samsung 870 , 2TB Samsung 990 Pro x 2, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, Quest, 2, 3, Pro

HorizonsVR
Honored Guest

by the way, the advantages are it lasts longer

Thanks, how many time need to charge one Oculus Go by power bank from 20% to 100%? it's same time if I use the normal power?