cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you Add Throttle in Ultrawings on the Oculus Go?

jhschult
Honored Guest
I can start the magneto and engine by moving the vision pointer to the items and pulling the trigger, but adding throttle proves elusive. I can "look" at the throttle, but can't find a way to move the handle. I don't see any capabilities using the tablet display either.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gullie667
Protege
There should be an info card in front of you to show you what to do? I think it says "CLICK" up or down on the track pad for throttle. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Gullie667
Protege
There should be an info card in front of you to show you what to do? I think it says "CLICK" up or down on the track pad for throttle. 

jhschult
Honored Guest
Thanks Gullie667!

Playamonterrico
Honored Guest
Yes, that works as long as you're on the ground. While flying, how can you change speed? Pointing the controller over to the left so that you find the throttle will also move the stick, tilt the plane over and make you crash. 
Edit: The company support says that you don't have to point the controller at the throttle, just press up or down on the touch pad to increase and reduce speed.That did not work on my controller, but I finally managed to do it pressing right.

Bellavance
Honored Guest
What is the trackpad? The small controller that came with the Oculus Go?

Playamonterrico
Honored Guest
Yes, the trackpad or touchpad is the flat part on the top of the Oculus controller

nochops
Explorer
Where do you click it for what action?  Or are you supposed to slide around on it?  And how do you activate the throttle? I don't see any way to grab it and the second one on a tablet is really confusing since there's no tablet attached.  Does it start the engine too, because that's also well hidden.

Isn't there a manual somewhere?  a controls guide?  I'm not a "gamer" so none of this is obvious to me.  I'm really lost.
thanks

ThatDudeButch
Explorer

nochops said:

Where do you click it for what action?  Or are you supposed to slide around on it?  And how do you activate the throttle? I don't see any way to grab it and the second one on a tablet is really confusing since there's no tablet attached.  Does it start the engine too, because that's also well hidden.

Isn't there a manual somewhere?  a controls guide?  I'm not a "gamer" so none of this is obvious to me.  I'm really lost.
thanks

The guide is in game when you are doing the first flights and missions. Look at the tablet in the cockpit preflight. Click forward on the trackpad to throttle up, click back on the trackpad to throttle down. Click left or right on the trackpad to yaw left or right. Starting the engine is shown on the tablet in the cockpit. You need to look at the switch and then press the trigger on the controller, then press the push button start.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
With the Go controller throttle is supposed to be controlled by pressing the top of the trackpad to increase, bottom to decrease.  I gotta say that sometimes this works for me and sometimes is doesn't.  Same goes with rudder, which is supposed to be controlled by left/right trackpad presses.  Sometimes it does not recognise one of these.  If I exit the program and start again it often works again, but after playing for a while it sometimes stops working correctly.  I think that this is something that Ultrawings developers need to fix.  Maybe a calibration option need to be included.

I can get around this by using my X-box controller but it's sticks are on the wrong side for me and there is no option to swap them over like say End Space does.

This has just about made UW unplayable on my Go.  Now I just use this with my Rift version from the Oculus store and this works very well with the touch controllers.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

RandomLCP
Honored Guest
I think the included oculus go controller is garbage.  I’ve had so many issues with the touch pad in games.  I’ve tried repairing it and it seems to help temporarily but then it stops working.   I can’t even play ultrawings because I can’t throttle up and down.   Is there a 3rd party controller out there to replace it with?