cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valve Updated SteamVR Tracking Because ‘Beat Saber’ Players Were Too Fast: will Oculus do the same?

Dan1018
Adventurer
Valve recently updated SteamVR Tracking code to account for the speed of high-level Beat Saber players, will Oculus do the same please?

this will be very useful for echo arena too probably.

14 REPLIES 14

kojack
MVP
MVP
The problem SteamVR had is that they imposed artificial limits on player movement speed that were below what a person can actually do. I haven't seen any evidence that Oculus is doing the exact same forced slow down as the Vive, so this fix is probably not applicable to the rift.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
What you do want in Oculus version to be like Steam is to allow Mods & our own music library. The music gets limited and boring else I won't have it. 2 platforms of the same game really should have no differences which catch people out unaware.

kojack
MVP
MVP

MAC_MAN86 said:

What you do want in Oculus version to be like Steam is to allow Mods & our own music library. The music gets limited and boring else I won't have it. 2 platforms of the same game really should have no differences which catch people out unaware.

Playing mods works fine on the oculus version. I just added 30 new songs to it half an hour ago.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

ShocksVR
Superstar

kojack said:

Playing mods works fine on the oculus version. I just added 30 new songs to it half an hour ago.

100% Accurate.  I have custom songs in Beat Saber w/ the Oculus Store version. I'm using Beat Saber Mod Installer and Beat Drop.
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK so I bought Oculus version, used the MOD Updater 2.2.3 and we can not get it to load our own mp3 Songs as they need to be downloaded. I don't get how that is classed as Custom Songs as in BoxVR we can do this and it simply calculates the beat and adds a random level to them.

One other major gripe with this is I must offset the standing area way forward so that I am actually behind the box!
It's as though it expected me to stand where the foot marks are obviously but that means hitting the targets in beat time with our controllers not the sabre!

OK this is still Early Access but it's been a long long time now and these 2 simple things are not added nor seen as needing a fix???

Digikid1
Consultant
They have to be ogg files.......

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I hate that computers need electricity to run. Stoopid early access tech!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have I been asleep for a decade or what? Never heard of a OGG Player ever!
So we can only add songs that Users somehow created OGGs and they placed the difficulty into these in advance?
That would be a shit way of adding Custom Songs. BoxVR does this perfectly!
So what's with me having to stand outside the box to hit the targets with the end of the saber rather than with my fists?
This is one lazy game to get released and perfected by DEVS!

Thanks to @LuluViBritannia I now got my Badge for 100 LOLs 😉 whether that's good or bad LOL

ShocksVR
Superstar
I use this guide and download tracks made by others.  I believe most Beat Saber users use this site to add customs tracks.

It's pretty seemless, it actually adds a new menu from within the game to browse and download tracks.

i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S