cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking forward to new feature of own Home -> complete bland home!

Thmoas
Rising Star
I like the idea that we can now create our own geometry.  I like Dash but I don't like the distraction of Home playing in the background. I'm looking forward to having a completely blank Home! Will that be even possible?

What do you think?
27 REPLIES 27

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Ya, I'd also like a blank home option that still lets you go to the store.  I dislike the lag between apps when you wait for the home background to load up.  This may further improve your performance compared to the current basic home a tiny bit as well.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Thmoas
Rising Star
I tried that but it had some bugs, I also prefer a native polished solution.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Thmoas said:

I tried that but it had some bugs, I also prefer a native polished solution.

Ya and that hack is not supported.  Plus you lose access to the store.  Like you I would prefer Oculus to provide a proper way to do this. 
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

LZoltowski
Champion
I guess you could import a simple white cube model as your home?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

That's a good idea mate.  Maybe someone can make one for this +60 yo guy and let me know how to import it.  Thanks.

LZoltowski
Champion

TomCgcmfc said:

That's a good idea mate.  Maybe someone can make one for this +60 yo guy and let me know how to import it.  Thanks.

I could probably throw something together, need to investigate the workflow first. Ill keep you posted.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

kojack
MVP
MVP
Unzip this into the C:\Users\kojack\Documents\Oculus Home\_Import\_CustomHomes directory (replacing the kojack bit of course).
(that path may not exist if you haven't tried making a custom home yet. Making it yourself should be fine)

That will give you a 40m x 40m x 40m white cube as the home.

You'll need to go into the home menu (menu button), select Places, Templates, pick "bigcube" then click the Create World button.

I could probably throw something together, need to investigate the workflow first. Ill keep you posted.

Blender 2.80 has GLTF export built in, that can export to the GLB file that oculus wants.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

kojack said:

Unzip this
My favorite pickup line too!

JK 😮

Pretty creative stuff here; interested to see how it turns out. Screenshots!