cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valve Updated SteamVR Tracking Because ‘Beat Saber’ Players Were Too Fast: will Oculus do the same?

Dan1018
Adventurer
Valve recently updated SteamVR Tracking code to account for the speed of high-level Beat Saber players, will Oculus do the same please?

this will be very useful for echo arena too probably.

14 REPLIES 14

kojack
MVP
MVP
Ogg Vorbis has been around for 19 years. It was the "we're not going to screw you over with patents" alternative to mp3. A much superior alternative.
(Same as PNG was the "we're not going to screw you over with patents" alternative to GIF)

Until recently, playing an MP3 file in a game required purchasing a license from Fraunhofer. OGG was created to get away from the MP3 money grab (they had fees like $0.75 per unit sold for apps that can play mp3, 2% of revenue if you stream mp3, etc).

Unity converts other audio formats into ogg by default.
I had a hardware ogg music player back in 2005 (iRiver, so much better than ipod!)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

BADhills
Honored Guest

MAC_MAN86 said:

What you do want in Oculus version to be like Steam is to allow Mods & our own music library. The music gets limited and boring else I won't have it. 2 platforms of the same game really should have no differences which catch people out unaware.

You can't do it even in the steam version of Beat Saber. There is no automatision for generating Beat Maps for Beat Saber yet. When you will make your own songs, you have to edit the Beatmap on your own. Or you can download a costum song.

I hope, there will be an automechanism for generating beatmaps, too.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well it would be ideal if they did the  "we're not going to screw you over with patents" by reading our MP3s just as the cheaper BeatVR manage to do. To have to copy our entire MP3 collection is not clever for space! They surely avoided paying per track !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any possible way to adjust latency as does BoxVR for accuracy of hits to the centre zone?
I do notice if I'm too fast it does not follow me which stops the workout to a degree.
Added some songs and happy to see many KPOP in the first 100!
KDA - POPSTARS (yet is made in 'merica)
BLACKPINK - DUDUDU
TWICE - LIKEY
GIRLS GENERATION - GEE
PSY - GANGNAM STYLE
PSY - DADDY
+ BABYMETAL - GIMME CHOCOLATE!!!
+ 4 FATRAT - UNITY, TIME LAPSE, XENOGENESIS, MAYDAY
+ ALAN WALKER - FADED
Amongst many Rock Classics and other crap I don't know lol 😉

If anyone could program Beats then this is the very BEST KPOP ever...
(G)-IDLE - LATATA
2NE1 - CRUSH, DO YOU LOVE ME, DON'T STOP THE MUSIC

BROWN EYED GIRLS - ABRACADABRA, KILL BILL
HELLOVENUS - I'M ILL
MOMOLAND - BAAM, BBOOM BBOOM
RED VELVET - ICE CREAM CAKE, POWER UP, SASSY ME

SCARLET - HIP SONG
T-ARA - BO PEEP BO PEEP, LIKE THE FIRST TIME, LOVEY DOVEY, NUMBER 9, SUGAR FREE, ROLY POLY

Anonymous
Not applicable
WOW they already added all those I listed by RED VELVET & more, and BBOOM BBOOM & also 2NE1's COME BACK HOME. It represents how popular a genre can be which has been ignored by many country's media either by fear of the competition or via in inhouse paid backhand deals or just ignorance!
KDA is an interesting addition being made popular by the Game Company for League Of Legions (and so this) and was recorded in America which features 2 babes from (G)-IDLE 😉