Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.35 Release Rolling Out Now

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Home:
  • Custom Home Support: You now have the ability to import your own Home geometry as a replacement for the standard “cabin” geometry. Just like importing your own custom items, you can place a .glb file in your My Imports\Custom Homes folder and use that object as a template for brand new Homes! We've also implemented new ambient audio tracks to apply to your custom Homes, as well as a lighting panel to adjust the interior and exterior lighting (depending on which types your space implements). Full documentation of this feature is coming soon.
Dash:
  • Resolved a Dash issue impacting memory clock speed on NVIDIA cards.
  • Various performance improvements and additional bug fixes.

We always love to hear your feedback! As a reminder, please be sure to post any feature or enhancement requests you may have on our UserVoice page. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
71 REPLIES 71

Kelju
Protege
Getting serious tracking issues with this build. First tought it was nvidia drivers as i updated them to latest as well, rolled back nvidia and the issue remains. noticed much higher cpu usage with this build, which might cause the tracking issues. If this is not a bug, and just how things are from now on, my gaming is over :'(
Really dont know why this cpu usage is that much higher tough. where are these extra resources used???

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Kelju said:

Getting serious tracking issues with this build. First tought it was nvidia drivers as i updated them to latest as well, rolled back nvidia and the issue remains. noticed much higher cpu usage with this build, which might cause the tracking issues. If this is not a bug, and just how things are from now on, my gaming is over :'(
Really dont know why this cpu usage is that much higher tough. where are these extra resources used???

Maybe opt out of the PTC.  Then download and run Repair. This should go back to 1.34 (or at least it did for me a few hours ago).  Then wait for 1.35 to be rolled out to you.  Sounds like there may be a few issues with the PTC version right now.

Otherwise, contact Oculus support and start a ticket.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Kelju
Protege
Haven't been on PTC. These problems started when Oculus updated to 1.35 stable. Doing oculus repair atm. Hopefully this was just a glitch in the update. we'll see...

Kelju
Protege
Did the repair. At first i tought it didnt help, well IT didnt. Then checked my sensors setup and boundaries with guardian boundary editor and noticed that my boundaries were waayy off. Did sensor setup again and VOILA! everything works now. Still the cpu usage is higher than before, but at least that wasnt the issue causing the tracking issues. Sooo relieved!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
It must be updating on a zone basis. Nothing in UK yet.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

MAC_MAN86 said:

It must be updating on a zone basis. Nothing in UK yet.

So, nothing to whinge about yet eh?  Just kidding, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just give what some of us actually want - a switch for NO HOME.
and ability to INSTALL/RUN on any platform we own as a PC should!

YoLolo69
Trustee

MAC_MAN86 said:

Just give what some of us actually want - a switch for NO HOME.
and ability to INSTALL/RUN on any platform we own as a PC should!

Does the Custom Home Support don't resolve the former? We will probably see quickly artist creating some nearly empty Home, or one looking like the Old Home you loved?

For the second point I don't understand your request...

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Anonymous
Not applicable
"and ability to INSTALL/RUN on any platform we own as a PC should!" meaning we should NOT have to be listed on their exclusive ONLY ALLOWED LIST for CPU and GPU. Proof of this list being there is evident in my Xeon being blocked in 1.32 and also the new GTX2080 was too new to be on that list so it would not run for others who had it. We are NOT APPLE MAC. Having ran VR for over 3yrs easily I must add on my old Xeon, there was totally no good valid reason to block it!

YoLolo69
Trustee
"INSTALL" I agree, they could let you do what you want here. I doubt they assume the "RUN" part if they start to use opcode not managed by some old CPUs (Lone Echo do it AFAIK)... I would like personally that more devs use all skills our CPUs have for years (and mine is from 2012)...

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1