Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.35 Release Rolling Out Now

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Home:
  • Custom Home Support: You now have the ability to import your own Home geometry as a replacement for the standard “cabin” geometry. Just like importing your own custom items, you can place a .glb file in your My Imports\Custom Homes folder and use that object as a template for brand new Homes! We've also implemented new ambient audio tracks to apply to your custom Homes, as well as a lighting panel to adjust the interior and exterior lighting (depending on which types your space implements). Full documentation of this feature is coming soon.
Dash:
  • Resolved a Dash issue impacting memory clock speed on NVIDIA cards.
  • Various performance improvements and additional bug fixes.

We always love to hear your feedback! As a reminder, please be sure to post any feature or enhancement requests you may have on our UserVoice page. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
71 REPLIES 71

Spalman_yt
Explorer
I would love to try this, but I still am not able to visit other Homes for example, although the menu says I am running 1.35. Any Help? It is still like 1.33.

Anonymous
Not applicable
OMG! Look, seriously Home is just crap! It takes 4secs to turn just 90degrees and even if using both Joysticks at once it is
S L O W and I find that incredibly sick!
Tried your 180turn and we can't then use move backwards! Worse still is both hands are the EXACT SAME so no way to set it for just 1 hand and both wrist straps have the exact usage too. All crap!
Just make it like DOOM
Make ECHO VR analogue movements with mixed axis like SPACE JUNKIES will be
Don't continue crap!

Kelju
Protege
Mac_man86 check your in box. send you solution to have the home to never load. enjoy the void 😉

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Kelju said:

Mac_man86 check your in box. send you solution to have the home to never load. enjoy the void 😉

So, what's your solution?  Thanks.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Kelju
Protege
@ tomcgcmfc direct message send, check inbox. dont want to post that stuff here as these are forkings/hacks to original software, and THIS IS official oculus forum so they dont belong here.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Kelju said:

@ tomcgcmfc direct message send, check inbox. dont want to post that stuff here as these are forkings/hacks to original software, and THIS IS official oculus forum so they dont belong here.

Ya, that's just the very old Admin Hack that ended up causing some problems, esp. with Steam.  Some blank home environments like BigCube are starting to crop up in this thread;

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/73506/looking-forward-to-new-feature-of-own-home-co...

I just tried this and it does seem to lower my cpu usage a few %.  Also, a little less lag between quitting an app and going back to home.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with 1.35.  Dash cpu % seems to be quite a bit lower.  I cannot say I have noticed any significant diff in performance with any of my high demand flight and racing simulators.  However, I have a half decent PC w/1080ti so that probably helps a bit as well.  My specs are on my signature.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kelju said:

Yes I'll prefer Homeless option as I did before without any issues for me using Stream. It just needs that file replaced upon each update until they finally listen to USERS CRIES.

GeekyGami
Adventurer
Alright, got an update today, Dash now  works properly, cheers!

Bephott
Honored Guest
Am I the onlyone who has stuttering since last update? And this time not caused by the two eyes not being in sync, but some weird ghosting, like the picture is duplicated, but only when I move my head. Without head movement it is perfect. Also when the oculus home app starts, my icons on the desktop are rearranged. What is this? I tried reinstalling and reinstalling nvidia driver too (earlier version to be shure). Help me! :smile:

Anonymous
Not applicable