New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Getting the right prescription for lens inserts or Go dedicated glasses

2»

Comments

• Alun101_ukAlun101_uk Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    Anybody here tried Go with contact lenses?
    surely that must be easier that using glasses or buying modified lenses?
  • voxelmaniamvoxelmaniam Posts: 130
    Art3mis
    I'm sure that for persons that can wear them they will work fine since younger eyes tend to have a much better range of focus then persons in my age range (late 60's). Contact lenses are contraindicated for persons with Glaucoma and many other eye afflictions. Besides contact lenses don't provide the same degree of optical precision afforded by conventional eyewear. 
    A voxel is a three dimensional pixel!
    Murray Foster
  • theruleslawyertheruleslawyer Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I know this is a little old, but look for information from competition shooting on getting this sort of lens made. Not many doctors deal regularly in distance vision other than infinity. 

Here's a good guide on getting your doctor to write a prescription for exactly the lens you need.
    https://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/nwongmain/eyeguide.html
    Art3mis
    I know this is a little old, but look for information from competition shooting on getting this sort of lens made. Not many doctors deal regularly in distance vision other than infinity. 

Here's a good guide on getting your doctor to write a prescription for exactly the lens you need.
    https://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/nwongmain/eyeguide.html
    This is such an awesome document. We need to find an optometrist that is similarly interested in VR and is willing to devote a significant amount of time to researching what I suspect are a diverse range of eye conditions and the appropriate corrective optics required to optimize the VR experience. This might be a subject to suggest for a graduate thesis.
    Murray Foster
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 843
    3Jane
    edited June 2019
    I know this is old, but a tweet from John Carmack:

Art3mis
    Spuzzum said:
    I know this is old, but a tweet from John Carmack:

Thank you for bringing this up to date. I had received some private communications to this effect but, if I remember correctly, there was legal language attached that implied that it wasn't to be distributed publicly. It doesn't get much more public than John Carmack. :D
    Murray Foster