Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolphin Emulator CV1 compatibility

2EyeGuy
Adventurer
EDIT: new version: Download Dolphin VR 5.0
DK1 version: Dolphin VR 5.0 for Runtime 0.8

I finally got around to updating Dolphin VR for CV1 and SDK 1.3.  🙂

It still has some bugs, for example the mirror window isn't working on Direct3D yet. And I'm not even sure that Opcode Replay mode is working correctly. And I have not pulled the last several months of Dolphin updates, so it is not current with master. And some things may be hardcoded for DK2, like Metroid Prime visors, and haven't been fixed.

Before you can run applications (like Dolphin VR) outside Oculus Home, you need to have Unknown Sources enabled. In the Oculus app window, click on the cog > Settings > General > Unknown Sources.

Dolphin VR 4.0-9519 x64 1.3 

You will need to rip your GameCube or Wii games to your hard-drive or USB stick, because most optical drives can't read them directly. If you have a Wii or a Wii U (it doesn't need to be modded) and an external hard-drive or USB memory stick, then you can install homebrew channel and use it to dump games. See tutorials online for how to dump games for Dolphin.

Not all games work. Some work almost perfectly, and some are unplayable. Some games have Hide Object Codes and AR Cheat Codes to make them work better in VR, which you can find by right clicking a game in your game list in dolphin and choosing properties, then going to those tabs.

Don't forget to set your Graphics, VR, and Controller options.

I've only tested this on DK2. CV1 probably works.
Vive might or might not work. The Vive controllers aren't implemented yet.
Razer Hydra works (and can be used as a Nunchuk+Wiimote) but the button mapping is hardcoded, and you can't see your hands yet.
297 REPLIES 297

GzStation
Honored Guest
Does anybody know if it's possible to get the settings of Dolphin VR in the document folder in the Dolphin Emulator VR to stop interfaring with the Dolphin Emulator folder...

Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a question: Is there any way to preview what's happening in a game on the computer screen, within the emulator, while playing the main game in the Oculus headset? You know like if a friend was over and he could see what I was doing in the game on the computer while I had the headset on?

When you start a game there is just a black screen on the computer while you play the game in the headset...

GeekyGami
Adventurer
You can find the newest version of it in the issues section

It makes mirror work again

Anonymous
Not applicable

GeekyGami said:

You can find the newest version of it in the issues section

It makes mirror work again

What do you mean "issues section"? Newest version of what? Dolphin VR? I have the newest version. Is there some setting in Dolphin VR I'm missing?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a question:

I've been experiencing slight sound stutter/skipping. Is there any way to fix or normalize the sound? I have a pretty powerful computer (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 graphics card and 32 Gig of Ram).
Note: I tried all of the audio settings and I still get the stutter. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

sal_4
Honored Guest
Hey guys, first big thanks for all the nice info in the thread, really helped me out a lot.

I was looking for killer7 cull code and I think I found at least one working pretty good for the cutscenes.
Killer7 Disk1 / GK7J08 / Japan / Jun 3, 2005 debug build
Using dolphin-vr-x64-5.0-250.exe / Oculus SDK 1.3.0 or SteamVR

Here are the codes with bruteforce -0
No Culling Killer7 Japan

CODE:

040a185c 60000000
040A1860 4E800020

Removing cutscene bars

CODE:

0407a11c 60000000
0407A120 4E800020

Shooting part seems to be broken, depending on the "zoom out" level.
I will try to bruteforce more codes for the other versions and post them here.

Especially thanks to charlton_3393 for the bruteforce tutorial! So much!
Also thanks to 2EyeGuy and Ralf@gc-forever
+ all the nice devs make this possible.

P.s. I used RestartOnCrash to keep crashing dolphin running. Worked well with over 10200+ screenshots 😃

Cheers,
sal  

Update:
No Culling Killer7 PAL
Killer7 Disk1 + 2/ GK7P08 / EUR/PAL
04070E2C 60000000
04070E30 4E800020

No Culling Killer7 PAL debug build
Killer7 Disk1 + 2/ GK7P08 / EUR/PAL May 11, 2005 debug build

04148020 60000000
04148024 4E800020

No Culling Killer7 USA
Killer7 Disk1 + 2/ GK7E08 / USA
040e4288 60000000 
040E428C 4E800020

If any codes don't work for you, let me know. I have more spare that might also work better. 
All posted codes are tested, and as far as I can say, they work pretty good. I had some that blacked out textures but were showing objects.

You can find me on Discord on the killer7 mod server.

GeekyGami
Adventurer

sal_4 said:

Hey guys, first big thanks for all the nice info in the thread, really helped me out a lot.

I was looking for killer7 cull code and I think I found at least one working pretty good for the cutscenes.
Killer7 Disk1 / GK7J08 / Japan / Jun 3, 2005 debug build
Using dolphin-vr-x64-5.0-250.exe / Oculus SDK 1.3.0 or SteamVR

Here are the codes with bruteforce -0
Culling 
040a185c 60000000
040A1860 4E800020

Removing cutscene bars
0407a11c 60000000
0407A120 4E800020

The shooting part seems to be broken in that Dolphin version.
I will try to bruteforce more codes for the other versions and post them here.

Especially thanks to charlton_3393 for the bruteforce tutorial! So much!
Also thanks to 2EyeGuy and Ralf@gc-forever
+ all the nice devs make this possible.

P.s. I used RestartOnCrash to keep crashing dolphin running. Worked well with over 10200+ screenshots 😃

Cheers,
sal  

RestartonCrash
Hmmm, how might one do this restart on crash?

sal_4
Honored Guest
I used this tool- RestartOnCrash.exe
https://bit.ly/2G4GWxN

With these settings shown here, worked great.
tblb6d1qltyh.jpg