cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade PC How to Save HOME? (Solved)

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
I am upgrading and building my PC today (new mobo, i7 9700K CPU and DDR4 RAM) and it's likely I will have to reinstall everything on the C Drive. I am doing it myself as I previously built my current rig without issue. This will mean losing all my Oculus Data though. Is there a way to back-up my HOME design because I spent a lot of hours making it and don't want to lose it?

Cheers see you on the other side of a £700 upgrade.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
3 REPLIES 3

wonderings
Honored Guest
Is it not all up in the cloud? I would think it is connected with your account and not really that dependent on your actual computer.  So if you log into your account on any PC you can be in your "home".

LZoltowski
Champion
I thought it's stored in the cloud, otherwise, how would others be able to access your home?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Well I hope you are correct then...I'll see in a moment if I can get this USB/HDMI connectivity issue sorted. Yeh all working fine thanks.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.