cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone convert this file to GLB for me please?

Digikid1
Consultant
I would like to use this model in home.  Both as a good sized ship for the space environment and one for a shelf....maybe bread box sized.

Here is the file.  It is in max format.  Some textures had to be separate due to size constraints.

dmrtm00ejewh.png
26 REPLIES 26

LZoltowski
Champion
How big do you want it?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Digikid1
Consultant
I am aiming for two versions. One big enough so that I can put it on the space environment so that it looks realistic.....so maybe couch sized.  One as big as the badic monitor for display on a shelf. 

Thanks 

LZoltowski
Champion
This was the most annoying model in the world, clearly converted from a game asset, so messy!

Had to:
  • Clean up some of the mesh (still needs work but I would need to spend more time on it)
  • Regenerate normals + flip
  • Convert DDS to PNG and colour correct as values were inverted
  • Convert all materials to PBR (since there was no roughness map I extrapolated what I feel is the best material, it has a slight shiny/metallic surface)
  • Added an emissive map for all the little lights so they glow
  • Generated an ambient occlusion map so that it plays nice with lighting in the home

Had to delete the cockpit and just made it black cloudy glass as the geometry was too messed up.

Made 4 versions, one HUGE one for outside ... make sure you are standing on the edge of your baclony and facing outward when opening that one up!

Other 3 are various small sizes, wasn't sure what shelf you wanted to use.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7o9q8k1vsb7dko3/ship.zip?dl=0

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion
I could probably get the Starfox lettering on there, the only issue is that those faces have incorrect UV mapping, would have to strip them out, and then paint the Starfox texture directly on the other texture into a single file. 

Also could paint in the little red bits at the ends of the weapons like in this image, I assume this is the model that has been ripped:

dpjc6993mlb1.png

Could do that at some point towards the end of the week when I have more time.

Be kind to one another 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion
I fixed the geometry in the landing bays at front and back and also added lighting in there, reduced the shininess as it was a bit too plasticky.

Some more sizes too

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6iuwf54c2g6l0ca/ship_v2.zip?dl=0

hvitdwhanlye.jpg

Be kind to one another 🙂

Digikid1
Consultant
Thanks so much!!!  I thought that the Starfox Logo would be part of the textures but I guess they left it off for some reason.

LZoltowski
Champion

Digikid1 said:

Thanks so much!!!  I thought that the Starfox Logo would be part of the textures but I guess they left it off for some reason.

It was on 2 separate polygons on top of the mesh, but those were mapped incorrectly in the OBJ file so I removed them. (max file is a garbled mess). I can stick the text on top of the texture it'self but the main body is actually 1 piece mirrored so the text would be correct on one side, but would be the wrong direction on the other. 

I could assign it a different map altogether (one for each side) but that will take some time 🙂  might do it at some point if I have the time 

And ure welcome 🙂

Be kind to one another 🙂