cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Oculus Go] Cannot complete setup

cSelbrede
Sightseer
I've been searching online for anyone with the same problem, but I haven't found anything yet. I've installed the IOS app and begun setup. I'm able to detect the Go headset, but when I proceed to the next step, it takes forever to pair. And when it finally does, it cannot connect to the Wi-fi. Yes, I followed the instructions on the support page, and made sure it didn't violate the constraints there. It just fails over and over and over again whenever I put in the Wi-fi password. After taking something like 10 minutes, looking like it's trying to connect, it tells me it can't connect. Try again later.

I put on the headset to see if there were any clues on the screen as to why it would be failing, and it said "headset is updating. please follow instructions on app". Well, all I see on the app is a failure to connect to Wi-Fi message. 

I restarted the app. Re-installed the app. Same story. Takes forever to pair. And cannot connect to the Wi-Fi. 

I let the headset sit for a while, in hopes that perhaps it actually was installing an update, but still nothing. Help. I'd really love to be able to use this new headset. 
7 REPLIES 7

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please submit a support ticket so we can assist. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

cSelbrede
Sightseer
I solved it.

Thankfully the controller came paired with the headset out of the box, so I pressed the power button on the headset long enough for a shutdown prompt to show up in the headset. I oriented the controller and was able to select "shut down". 

Restarting the headset, I was then able to see in the app that it had been paired successfully. And it actually connected this time. After it connected, I selected the headset, and hit "finish setup". It worked from there.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Awesome! Thanks for following up.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

eemma
Explorer
Hi, I'm currently having this problem and restarting the headset hasn't worked for me. Are there any other known fixes? 

eemma
Explorer
Okay reinstalling the app fixed this for me (android)

ersinkzmaz
Honored Guest
the aplication says it s update %100 but still waiting for about 2 days 
(note : at app. wifi i see oculus-setup wifi not connected but my wireless connection seems right
İ use Huwaei p30 pro but i tried it iphone 6  huwaei p20 lite samsung note 4 

bschick
Honored Guest
I gave this to my sister as she was starting chemo therapy. She didn't tell me it wasn't working until several months later. It hangs at update. Pairs nicely, finds WiFi with no problem, and hangs forever (24 hrs + at this writing). I am using an Samsung 8 Note with version 9 android software. 

Shutdown and reboot of the headset doesn't change the final result of hanging at update.

I next uninstalled and reinstalled the software as mentioned in previous posts. Headset connected successfully with 'updating' message. Continued to 'Finish' in app. Successful connection to WiFi. Watched all the videos and 'Acknowledged' at the end. Pop up messages tells me the headset is updating. I never get past this point.

I have pretty decent WiFi speeds (4K TV compatible) and don't think this update should take more than a few hours at max. Will update at the end of that time period.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?