cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just bought a Rift (super excited!), any idea how long it'll take to get to me (UK)? =)

Meta-xx
Protege
Hi all! Newbie here. 

After trying out my boyfriend's Rift I decided to take the plunge and get myself one. I've got everything ordered that I can see myself needing (active cable extensions, stand to keep it safe, wall mounts, etc.), and it's all due to arrive this Saturday, however the main thing I'm obviously waiting for is the Rift itself! I placed my order yesterday and ordered an additional sensor today, so does anyone know approximately how long they will take to arrive to my address here in the UK? 

Thanks in advance for any replies! 
31 REPLIES 31

LZoltowski
Champion
They are shipped from the Netherlands, 3 days max usually. The delivery is fast.

Although keep an eye out for the delivery man and make sure someone is home, UPS can be annoying and not even ring the bell, then just leave you a card.

And welcome to the forum and VR in general 🙂
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Just in case you didn't know mate you can buy Rift retail at GAME in the UK.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
Good things come to those who wait. 😉
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
And Amazon, same day delivery if a prime member lol just while we wait what are your computer specs?  🙂
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Meta-xx
Protege

They are shipped from the Netherlands, 3 days max usually. The delivery is fast.

Although keep an eye out for the delivery man and make sure someone is home, UPS can be annoying and not even ring the bell, then just leave you a card.

And welcome to the forum and VR in general 🙂

That's awesome to hear! Thanks for the info! I've got some time off work so my schedule is pretty free, I'll be sure to keep an eye out! I've had the kind of experience with UPS as you describe before. Ha ha. 

Many thanks for the warm welcome! 😃

Meta-xx
Protege

Just in case you didn't know mate you can buy Rift retail at GAME in the UK.

I checked all the retailers in the UK and unfortunately none of them had one in stock, aside from Amazon who were overcharging anyway. =( Hence why I had to order directly. 

Meta-xx
Protege

Techy111 said:

And Amazon, same day delivery if a prime member lol just while we wait what are your computer specs?  🙂

As I said above, Amazon were overcharging unfortunately. =( They marked the price up by around 30 quid. I'd rather wait and put that money towards something else. =P 

Currently running a bit of a mixed rig. CPU is an FX-8350 (Bought it back when Piledriver was first released. Hadn't had the chance to upgrade since.) Other than that I've got a GTX1060 6gb, couple of SSD's and 16gb DDR3 1600mhz. Few other bits and pieces too, but that's the main components. The GPU is the newest thing on my rig to be honest. Ha ha. I could sorely use an upgrade at some point this year I think. Though I meet the recommended requirements for VR I believe, so it's not all bad. 😃

Greyman
Superstar
i had a replacement Rift sent out to me, by Oculus, a few months ago and IIRC it only took a couple of days, so your new one shouldn't be too much longer. 

Meta-xx
Protege

Greyman said:

i had a replacement Rift sent out to me, by Oculus, a few months ago and IIRC it only took a couple of days, so your new one shouldn't be too much longer. 

Sorry for the late reply! 

Well it's good to know that the replacement service is fast. 😃 

Turns out my Rift is arriving on Monday anyway, woo! So hyped. =D