cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Oculus Tray Tool  
current version: 0.87.3

What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at ApollyonVR@gmail.com

Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze over at http://headsoft.com.au), replace icons for your games and more.

It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.

If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.

Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. 🙂

The very nice people over at Guru3d.com have been kind enough to host some mirrors for the setups, so make sure to pay them a visit!
-----------

UPDATE 03/08

Hi all!
It's been a while since i released a new version, but now the time has come! 😃
I'm looking for ppl who want to test the new version before public release.
There are primarily changes for the Quest but anyone is welcome to test it.
Just drop an email to ApollyonVR@gmail.com and i'll get you a download link
and some instructions. Also include what type of headset (Rift or Quest)
that you are using.

Also, i now have a proper domain for the website, so swing by www.ApollyonVR.com
and check out the new Forum! If you have questions, comments or suggestions

that is the place to post them. 😃

Below are the release notes for the new version. Please note that this is a Beta version

for testing the new features. If you just want to use a stable version of OTT then head

over to www.apollyonvr.com and simply download the latest version.

Version 0.87.7
* Oculus Dash will now use the same CPU Priority as what you set for OVR Server.
* Added a "Comments" option to Profiles.
* Implemented Paolod29's code for a permanent AirLink (https://github.com/pd29/oculus-airlink-enabler).
* Added more choices to the Quest Link settings for "Bitrate" and "Encode Resolution".
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Encode Dynamic Bitrate" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added option for "Dynamic Bitrate Max" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added "FOV Multiplier" to Profiles. Setting this to a value lower than 1, for example 0.8,
will increase FPS due to less pixels being drawn at the expense of lower FOV.
* When creating a brand new Profile, the current settings from the Game Settings tab will be used.
This will make it even easier to create a new Profile! Simply experiment with different settings
on the Game Settings tab, and when you have found the perfect combo for a given game those
settings are copied over when you click "Create new Profile".

* Added option to Disable profiles.

* Redesigned the Profiles window a bit.
* Fixed some bugs.

Cheers!
1,867 REPLIES 1,867

realityloop
Explorer

TomCgcmfc said:

This is something that is very easy to do (with your more info link) and you normally only have to do once.  If it works well for you (like it has for me) then you never worry about it again.  I doubt that it is something you want to turn on/off for diff apps.  Sorry but I don't see the point in adding it to OTT.

Yeah I've already enabled it via registry myself, it's pretty hard to validate if it's actually making a difference though.. I swear it does.. but I concede it may be placebo effect.. do you have any examples that show it off really well?

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

TomCgcmfc said:

This is something that is very easy to do (with your more info link) and you normally only have to do once.  If it works well for you (like it has for me) then you never worry about it again.  I doubt that it is something you want to turn on/off for diff apps.  Sorry but I don't see the point in adding it to OTT.

Yeah I've already enabled it via registry myself, it's pretty hard to validate if it's actually making a difference though.. I swear it does.. but I concede it may be placebo effect.. do you have any examples that show it off really well?

I think you mean you disabled Spud?  Pretty obvious if it helps you imho.  It does not help everyone btw.  Seems to depend on your headset displays because all seem to be slightly different (probably an OLED thing?).  You can easily turn it on by changing the registry value from 0 to 1.  

Before turning Spud off I got a grey veil when night flying with X-Plane 11.  Also, background lights were a blurry.  After turning Spud off everything was perfect (ok, nothings perfect, but a lot better anyway, lol!).  I have not noticed any negative effects with any games/apps in non-night like background so I've just kept it off (+8 months ago).  Sorry I don't have screenshots to show before/after.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

realityloop
Explorer

realityloop
Explorer
@TomCgcmfc it looks like SPUD was only applicable to older headsets,@ApollyonVR found some info that indicates older than 6 months, I ordered mine on black Friday and it seems to not benefit from making these changes, testing in a full black environment the dispalys looked the same with SPUD on or off.

Kemeros
Protege
Hey man

The audio Switcher works well if you let it switch the device on it's own during OTT's start or Oculus Home's start(depending on what you chose. However the tray right click menu doesn't update to match the current default device and it's only possible to switch to the fallback device, if you try to switch back to the Oculus, it doesn't do anything. You have to restart OTT or Oculus home to switch back the Oculus.

Everything else works #1. :smile:

Edit: Using 0.85.4

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@Kemeros  Thanks, fixed that now. 😃

Netheri
Rising Star
@ApollyonVR every Steam game or app which isn't on Steams native install directory (...program files(x86)..) can't be made profile at least regarding the profile maker itself.

Game importer founds them as it does with the "..program files(86).."-directory but when imported to game library and when profile is tried to make, profile maker doesn't find the exes automatically but only for the native Steam directory games&apps (..Program files(x86)..) and even when target is set manually, the text under the game library game/app icon stays red at the same time there's allways the same option in right click dropdown: "create profile". I checked the importer, it does show the correct Steam directories and install directories, and the game icons are shown at least in Oculus desktop apps library. 

Edit: Also, the system wide asw setting goes to blanc after every time OTT is closed and started. Also, selective usb standby always gives option to "not available" when set to "disabled" or it is gone to "enabled" by itself after OTT restart. 
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

71st_Mastiff
Honored Guest
jbhq2r2d50f1.jpgI noticed my profiles no longer are working, 
the game is detected but it is not loading profiles, 
when I open up to edit the profiles and click on browse, it gives me an incorrect exe path, of where the profile I want to edit.
it opens up the last edited profile.

l17x6wvmnelp.jpg

" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater comeback " Asus z370 MX||i9x9900k||ddr4-32gb PC3200||RTX 2080-8gb||AX1200 Corsair||turtle beach elite pro 7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr 4/ir||ViRpiL,T50cm|MFG CrossWinds||X55 Throttle||G15 Keyboard/Mouse|| Rift VR \ 32" Samsung|| 1x9inc||

71st_Mastiff
Honored Guest
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at OculusTrayTool.frmProfiles.LaunchAppWithOptionsToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3362.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
OculusTrayTool
    Assembly Version: 0.85.4.0
    Win32 Version: 0.85.4.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Oculus%20Tray%20Tool/OculusTrayTool.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 14.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3324.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Management
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
System.Data.SQLite
    Assembly Version: 1.0.104.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.104.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Oculus%20Tray%20Tool/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3260.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Transactions
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3260.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 11.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 11.0.2.21924
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Oculus%20Tray%20Tool/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
CoreAudio
    Assembly Version: 2017.4.18.14
    Win32 Version: 2017.4.18.14
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Oculus%20Tray%20Tool/CoreAudio.DLL
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
System.ServiceProcess
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceProcess/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.ServiceProcess.dll
UACHelper
    Assembly Version: 1.0.1.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Oculus%20Tray%20Tool/UACHelper.DLL
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
Microsoft.Speech
    Assembly Version: 11.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 11.0.7400.345
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.Speech/11.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.Speech.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater comeback " Asus z370 MX||i9x9900k||ddr4-32gb PC3200||RTX 2080-8gb||AX1200 Corsair||turtle beach elite pro 7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr 4/ir||ViRpiL,T50cm|MFG CrossWinds||X55 Throttle||G15 Keyboard/Mouse|| Rift VR \ 32" Samsung|| 1x9inc||

71st_Mastiff
Honored Guest
here's a couple of debugs, the profile will not load.

All so maybe the issue with that latest Windows 10 update release 

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10-kb4482887-cumulative-update-causing-major...